What are mods, and how do I get and use them?

exmil7

I made an account, so I suppose I got that first part right... :wallbash:

Now, I want to get and use mods, I also found out where to get those. :thumbsup:

I can download and use zip files if that's what they are.

But where do I put the mods when I download them, do I leave them in the zip file?

Lets say they are Mesh and Texture mods... They all say mesh and Texture, I cant just keep replacing them with the next! :blink:

Am I missing something? I don't have a file called mods... and I don't know where to put these things...

I almost need baby steps Im guessing...

I have tried all this before and I cant get anything to work...

Building a Private server and running it with eight thousand ppl with a website for WoW is easier so far...

Or Im making this more complicated than it really is... which is probably what Im doing...

Please help... :confused:

first...notice my other posts...im a noob and still asking for help myself.....anyway

might help to know what version of the game you have? normal...steam...GOTY?

vista?

windows 7?

adding mod right in or got FOMM? also got FOSE? FO3edit? need help knowing what these things are? or where to get them?

a little bit of basic info most times helps people pinpoint your issue...well thats what im learing anwyay lol

i am also learning alot of people say "dont worry this is da noob inscructions!!" and they reallly arent very noob friendly instuctions lol and i have played video games my entire life and modded/scripted them when i could and then when i got here for this game i felt like a drooling lost idiot lol

it feels like the game was ment for modding....and the developers stuffed in the ability inna rush at tha end....but thats life of video games...we wil never see a real nice bug free easy to mod game cause the people who control tha money say DEADLINE DEADLINE DEADLINE!!!!! FINISH NOW!!!! lmao

i remember ages ago .....we bought a game pc or consol....poped it in and played yay fun......now its like a second job you dont get paid for just to get it to start........used car style but labeled as new lmao :P

i am also learning alot of people say "dont worry this is da noob inscructions!!" and they reallly arent very noob friendly instuctions lol and i have played video games my entire life and modded/scripted them when i could and then when i got here for this game i felt like a drooling lost idiot lol

They are user friendly, even for those that never installed any mods before. The link that I posted above, they are very easy to understand, it even has pictured tutorials, what more can others offer other than those? It even has links to FOMM, winrar and stuff. We can't be in front of your PC helping out, so what's the next best thing? Pictured tutorials. :sweat: As long you know basic English and you have the sense of perception you won't have problems installing mods. If you really still don't know how to install mods after reading the guide, it means you're just not trying hard enough to understand it or you simply skipped through all the detail because you're lazy.

I can assume your game isn't Game Of the Year edition since you don't have all the DLC's. List all the DLC's that you have. Make sure you only download patches that your game requires (it's stated in the game requirement for patches), here is the link for downloading patches.

http://fallout.bethsoft.com/index.html

If you still can't start the game, there's many possibilities. Wrong load order, you didn't install FOSE, haven't updated patch. Mod not compatible with each other etc... will guide you in baby steps.

well i didnt understand the intructions to Fo3edit and i wouldnt say they are noob friendly...im not anything close to lazy...you may do this kinda stuff on a regular basis or something and thinks its all good and easy.....but i was just pointing out someone might have to do more work to get this going than just flip though the so called nood instructions to things.....i.e. saying dont be lazy do more research have more pacients its not gonna be lickity split...

thought there is also alot of other points to be made about how a person isnt lazy just cause they dont understand something you do......i understand where your comming from....there are alot of moaning and groaning impacient people out there funstrated and fed up and are being lazy........but your definition of that doesnt fit to everyone....there are more types of people than lazy people and people who get it well over 6 billion people on tha planet now and there are many variations of understanding some video game mod instructions sometimes people have to calculate other things in life into how much effort they wanna put into just getting a game to work.....crying kids....gotta go to work...the neighbor needs a beating cause thier dog wont shut up in tha middle of the night.......oops...anyway lol

ok also its easy oki doki....could ya pop by my other post and give me a hand? lmao not being a smart ass no matter how you decide how to read that :P lmao i.e. trying to not be lazy and ask for help cause im lost