Scripting Problem

kieranfoy

Honestly, I didn't even know that functions exists. OBSE has IsCreature, so I assumed there's no such function in vanilla.

One should never make assumptions. I compared GetIsCreature and IsCreature in the CS wiki and I can't see any difference between the two. GetIsCreature has always been available too. So what I can't figure out is why the OBSE team would add a function to find out whether an actor is a creature or not when such a command already existed.

Actually, it wouldn't be better. You see, the getisplayable race is supposed to PREVENT yu from decapitatin wolves. You see, you'd get a HUMAN severed head, and the wolf'shead would still be there.

But thansk anyway,

You aren't understanding what I am trying to say.

My script improvement isn't going to let your sword decapitate creatures, it will let you decapitate anything EXCEPT creatures.

If Target.GetIsCreature == 1
		Return
	Else

means that if the target is a creature, the script is ignored.

A wolf is a creature. Therefore, when a GetIsCreature command is called on a wolf, the condition will return true. If the GetIsCreature command returns true in your script, the critical hit stuff is IGNORED. Read my script again and you will see that creatures (a category which includes wolves) are immediately ignored by the critical hit code.

Honestly, I didn't even know that functions exists. OBSE has IsCreature, so I assumed there's no such function in vanilla.

One should never make assumptions. I compared GetIsCreature and IsCreature in the CS wiki and I can't see any difference between the two. GetIsCreature has always been available too. So what I can't figure out is why the OBSE team would add a function to find out whether an actor is a creature or not when such a command already existed.

The difference is that IsCreature can take both references and base objects as an argument. Though I don't really see a need for that either, as a simple GetBaseObject call in conjunction with GetIsCreature would work as well. True, IsCreature would be more efficient, but that is impossible to notice in game.