Weighting and TBBP with Outfit Studio

MightionNY

So, I'm trying to convert a CBBE compatible outfit (Gatti's Yumiko outfit, number 14) to Bodyslide/TBBP, and it's worked well so far, except for that old nemesis, clipping on the breasts when they are bouncing. The problem I'm having is with the skin-tight mesh part of the outfit

When she is standing still there is no clipping, but some poses (like crouching) cause highly visible flashes of clipping on the breasts - the outfit is moving, just not quite as much as the body itself is.

I don't want to resort to increasing mesh volume, because with such a skin tight mesh, increasing it enough to eliminate the clipping makes it look puffy, unattractively so.

Also, the only tool I use is Outfit Studio (I couldn't even begin to grasp blender's learning curve); plus some tweaking values in nifskope.

The main issue is, how do you know which of the potentially three TBBP weights to tweak (X Breast, X Breast01 and Y Breast; where X and Y can be R or L depending on which side you're working on) to address clipping like this? Not to mention, do I add MORE or LESS TBBP weighting to that area? I've tried many combinations, tried one at a time, etc, and I usually end starting over in frustration cause I can't come up with something that doesn't involve increasing the mesh volume.

Any ideas or insights?

Instead of increasing the outfit mesh size, you could also try decreasing the body mesh size, if the outfit allows for such things while keeping the quality the same.

To make the outfit move stronger with the body, the weights have to be stronger (red). Ideally, the weights should look as close as possible to the weights on the breasts of the reference body (as far as the outfit and its vertex count/alignment allow for that).

Unfortunately there's no real solution to finding out which breast bone causes the clipping. It's probably all of them. :P

Well... decreasing the body mesh size enough to eliminate clipping would still have the high probability of causing the outfit to become un-skin-tight (i.e. "puffy") in those areas... the same thing I'm trying to avoid by not increasing the outfit mesh volume.

The thing I like about Bodyslide is I can have outfits where the shape of the body stays the SAME whether nude or clothed. I wish I had a nickel for all the outfits I've downloaded, tested, and rejected pre-OS because they changed the shape of the body. The point is to make the outfit the body, not make the body fit the outfit. Personal preference.

I've been copying the bone weights from the reference shape -CT77's HDT body which I use as a baseshape, since trying to start a TBBP conversion from scratch with a OS-supplied reference shape crashes Skyrim when the outfit is tested. Every. Single. Time.