Steam- unmoddable?

granfalloon

I've been trying to get started with some mods, so I went to the "how to install mods" section, and it says that all mods must be installed in the game's "data" folder. I've also only heard about putting mods in the Bethesda Softworks folder, but my fallout 3 is stored in the steam folder (which I'm having trouble locating as it is.) Are mods not compatible with the steam version of the game?

They are compatible with steam version, you install the same way as non-steam version. Extract mod files to here, C:\Program Files\Steam\steamapps\common\fallout 3\Data(mod files here). If you don't have the data folder, just create it yourself.

I've been trying to get started with some mods, so I went to the "how to install mods" section, and it says that all mods must be installed in the game's "data" folder. I've also only heard about putting mods in the Bethesda Softworks folder, but my fallout 3 is stored in the steam folder (which I'm having trouble locating as it is.) Are mods not compatible with the steam version of the game?

If you installed Steam to the default location, then it's on your C drive in the Programs or Program Files directory. The path to your game should be something like Programs > Steam > SteamApps > Common > Fallout3

Steam does not include a folder with the game company's name, so you will not have a Bethesda folder.