Armor and clothes mods?

airship

Hi, I'm new here, and a complete *censored* when it comes to modding, so apologies if this thread is filled with noobieness.

I noticed that there are very few original (hell, are there even one?) models for armor and clothes - so far I've only seen retextures of existing items. I was wondering, is it possible to make original clothes and armor that fit with the excellent body mods that has been released so far? Or do one need special tools that hasn't been released yet? Or is it impossible? I truly do not wish for the latter...

Thanks for any insight on this :)

• 2 weeks later...
Hi, I'm new here, and a complete *censored* when it comes to modding, so apologies if this thread is filled with noobieness.

I noticed that there are very few original (hell, are there even one?) models for armor and clothes - so far I've only seen retextures of existing items. I was wondering, is it possible to make original clothes and armor that fit with the excellent body mods that has been released so far? Or do one need special tools that hasn't been released yet? Or is it impossible? I truly do not wish for the latter...

Thanks for any insight on this :)

It's possible but currently quite difficult. There are still issues with boning, collision/bounding, etc. that make it less than perfect. And the workflow for doing it is non-trivial. This thread probably has the best compilation of related links/resources for it that I've seen to date: http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon-Age...-1328638-1.html