Have a few questions.

DeathRaze

Alright I suppose I’ll just get right down to the point. I’m a new member to tesnexus, I just picked up Oblivion for the pc not even a month ago. I had no idea how to mod or how to install mods etc. Thankfully, I’ve become pretty good at installing and have no problems with that. I’ve also been using the CS wiki to make my own mods and I’ve become okay at making some alright stuff.

Anyways, what I want to know is: Is it possible to make an NPC use an attack that creates five of himself?

I have an NPC that I’m using as a part of an alternate story mod that I’m making for a new faction on my own, I want to know if I could make that specific NPC summonable or something and then have him cast a spell that would create another one of him untill theres five or something along those lines. I don’t want to know how to do it, just if its possible to do, or am I wasting my time trying to find out how I’d go about that.

Thanks in advance for any help regarding this post.

P.S. Please please PLEASE, no flaming. If it’s a stupid idea that could never be done, then please excuse my ignorance and I won’t bring it up again. Thanks.

It's possible, using multiple ways. The only question is about the NPC who will be using it and how you want this effect to be used/controlled. The best way would probably consist of one "true" NPC that has scripting and the main spell and 4 other pre-defined, persistant, named copies with lower health/stats who are moved into the scene when the true NPC is scripted to cast his spell. But, you could also set it up so that the true NPC only summons one version of himself when he becomes weak, with each subsequent version being summoned by the previous.

It's really all in how you want it to happen and how generic or specific you need the encounter to be.

Thank you, I really appreciate it. I'll figure it out on my own and how I want it. I'm not completely sure on what I want for the story yet, I'm still kind of winging it and not thinking it through yet. But as long as I know it can be done, I'll figure out how. Thanks again :D