hoarfrost castle screwed my game :(

spiff88

I was playing the mod at the point where you find out where that chapel with conduit is and i walk out the castle front doors and my game froze up so no biggy i reload the game up loaded a previous save which was in the castle but as its loading oblivion crashes so i tried all my other saves (all within the castle) and they all crash i unplug the mod entirley and the game still crashes as far as i know the mod caused the problem i checked for incompatibilities but there are none im aware of so can some one please tell WTF happened i really dont want to start over :verymad:

Are you using an auto-save feature?

The Oblivion auto & quick save features are known to cause corrupt saves. That's not a mod issue, its a fault on the game itself.

Try deactivating ALL your mods. If that doesn't help there's a good chance that your saves are broken. There are some steps you can take to resolve this, though I can pretty much promise you they won't always work, sometimes a dead save is just that... dead.

At the same time I can also tell you I've ran Hoarfrost for a while with no problems. In fact, I just DLed it again because I've lost my original zip, and its one of those mods I rarely, if ever want to play without.

If your game loads with all your mods inactive, make a clean save (in otherwords, save it before exiting without any mods active) and then activate your mods one by one and see if you can figure out whats breaking it.

This is a link to a handy thread about repairing corrupted saves.

Jenrai

sounds like im f'd im just gonna start over but what about that thing you said with autosaves? it breaks the saves what should i do about that?

Don't use them.

And no, nobody suggested you start over, since if the problem is a mod conflict, it'll still be there and get you at some point in a new game, too. Please list your mods, in loading order, as was requested already. It's the easiest way for us to help you and find the problem.