The Entire Forgotten Realms Story

WaLkAwaY

I posted this in the off topic area in the rant thread thinking that would be better than creating another thread for it just in case my search methods I had done for similar topics was a fail on my part, someone could have pointed me in the right direction. I figured I would get an answer and all would be well. That was 2-3 weeks ago so I figured it was safe to make it into its own thread. With all that being said...

Somewhere on here I think someone posted a link to Forgotten Realms lore or at least the story of Forgotten Realms that supposedly brings all the lands together so you can get an idea of how big the scope of Forgotten Realms is and see where different things happen. In a book I am reading it talks of Calimport, Waterdeep and Mithral Hall I was just wondering if that stuff is in there or is it just based from games and has nothing to do with all the books that have been written over the years about various heroes in the realms.

So your question is "what was the first"? First were the books, then the games. I have read many books concerning Forgotten Realms universe, and played games based on it, but still it's only a small part.

The books and the games are all tied together. Events from the books happen in some of the games and vice versa. Events from the books have even inspired some of the games like the Baldur's Gate series. And places like Calimport, Waterdeep and Mithral Hall are in alot of stuff set in the Forgotten realms. Waterdeep especially.

Thanks for the replies. Does anyone have any links to sites that would explain further in detail? As I stated before if I can at all avoid wiki sites that would be great but beggars can't be choosers.:D

Hm... it's always so easy to find necessary site. There are lots of search systems (like Google, for example). But for some reason people prefer not to use them :biggrin: and I don't know why... It seems to be a great secret.