A rather simple question?

I wanna make new posters, so I exctract the original texture from the .bsa, replace the texture with the one I want, create the texture set in the geck, but when I want to replace the texture on the poster (and create a new poster entity), the new poster always has the ground texture. What am I doing wrong and how do I change it?

In New Vegas I've got a different problem, the new texture either doesn't fit the poster, or it's just black. Help? :geek: :huh: >:( :confused: :sad:

When making new textures, you must always check whether they're using the alpha channel portion of the graphic and then either preserve the info or make a new one. If you aren't aware, the alpha channel is what gives textures transparency - Google it to learn more. When you save the graphic (ie. texture), use a DXT format that saves the alpha channel along with the bitmap. This usually DXT 3 or 5 for most FO3 game textures but, for the posters, you can get away with using DXT 1. Also be sure to generate new mip maps as part of the save procedure.

It depends from which poster base you start with. Posters can show different parts of a texture, depending on the UV map.

Too see how the UV is set : in Nifskope , select the NiTriStrips with the texture, right click -> Textures -> Edit UV ( you can even export the UV map in .tga).

The SafetyPoster01 has an UV that covers the entire poster.