"Prisoner Token".

jansonmercenary

I'm currently neck-deep in building a "bunker" for myself. In it, I've created a "maximum security prison" of sorts, hoping that I can eventually start hording a collection of NPC's that got on my bad side.

I got this idea while using SisterChipmunk's slave mods; however, Sis's slave tokens never really worked correctly.

What I would like to have is some kind of item or token that gave me simple commands over any NPC once I put the item into their inventory. Basically, all I need is a "follow me" command, an open-inventory command, and a "stay right here forever" command. And that's it. No elaborate quests or prisoner-themed dialogue.

All I essentially want to do is to force an NPC to follow me, let me take their stuff, and will stay exactly where they are until I use either of the other commands, or I remove the token through the console screen.

How difficult would this be to do?

I'm currently neck-deep in building a "bunker" for myself. In it, I've created a "maximum security prison" of sorts, hoping that I can eventually start hording a collection of NPC's that got on my bad side.

I got this idea while using SisterChipmunk's slave mods; however, Sis's slave tokens never really worked correctly.

What I would like to have is some kind of item or token that gave me simple commands over any NPC once I put the item into their inventory. Basically, all I need is a "follow me" command, an open-inventory command, and a "stay right here forever" command. And that's it. No elaborate quests or prisoner-themed dialogue.

All I essentially want to do is to force an NPC to follow me, let me take their stuff, and will stay exactly where they are until I use either of the other commands, or I remove the token through the console screen.

This should do it for you http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=9497

I am the author of FNNCQ.

It's pretty difficult because you have to constantly monitor your prisoners. As soon as the respawn happen (normaly after three days) your prisoners go back to their default game package and loose the scripted ones when the load screen is shown. That's the reason why I can allow only five slaves following the player in my mod and why most other token based prisoner mods have troubles with respawning NPCs.

I used a trick to stop the respawn mechanism of the NPCs. If you are interested I can explain the scripting per PM. But you are always limited to a small amount of NPCs because you need a quest script for constant monitoring.

Reeeeaaaaally.... Hmm... I didn't realize that was the case. Do the NPC package resets occur even in zones that do not respawn? I don't remember the particular vanilla zone, but there's a sewer access point that doesn't respawn at all. Every time I traverse through the access point, every single corpse and item left behind remain intact, and it's been that way in the ballpark of several in-game months.

Reeeeaaaaally.... Hmm... I didn't realize that was the case. Do the NPC package resets occur even in zones that do not respawn? I don't remember the particular vanilla zone, but there's a sewer access point that doesn't respawn at all. Every time I traverse through the access point, every single corpse and item left behind remain intact, and it's been that way in the ballpark of several in-game months.

It is a little bit strange how the engine performs the respawning.

For example: I enslave a raider in a no respawn zone (Springvale School inside). These raiders are marked as respawnable NPCs but don't respawn because they are inside the school. I take him out (follow package) from there and kill him after three days anywhere in the wastes (respawn area). My mod takes care to bring dead slaves back to their origin so the game balance isn't hurt. The next time I visit the school there is a new alive and respawned raider inside.

The conclusion is as soon as a respawnable NPC comes in a zone that allows respawns it happens and so your scripted package get lost. Btw. the token is (mostly) still there (but the attached script has stopped working) which is strange because after the respawn the equipment also changes.

You also have to be careful not to take nonperistent NPCs as Prisoners (for example most of the regulators). This ones are automaticaly deleted from the game engine as soon as they leave their home zone.

Are you saying as soon as an NPC crosses into a respawn zone, the AI package will reset, even if you leave said NPC in a non-respawning zone?

Example: what would happen if you took that same raider, cross the Wastes, find the sewer access I had mentioned earlier, and killed him there? Would he still respawn at the school because you passed through the Wastes? Even though both the start point and destination are both non-respawn zones?

Are you saying as soon as an NPC crosses into a respawn zone, the AI package will reset, even if you leave said NPC in a non-respawning zone?

Example: what would happen if you took that same raider, cross the Wastes, find the sewer access I had mentioned earlier, and killed him there? Would he still respawn at the school because you passed through the Wastes? Even though both the start point and destination are both non-respawn zones?

No he wouldn't respawn at the school (that is a function of my mod not of the game engine).

He respawns at the sewer access because you killed him there. After your next fasttravel to the sewer access (three days rule) he is back alive and tries to ,walk back to the school. Mostly he woudn't survive it (surroundings/player).

But you are correct as soon as a respawnable NPC walks through a respawn zone this function is triggered when the player arrives with fasttravel.

This is starting to depress me... ;_;

So there's no way to control any [large number of] named NPC's in the manner I need?

I won't pretend I fully understand advanced scripting... But I keep going back to Sisterchipmunk's Slave Stick Around mod. In it, so long as the player sticks to non-generic NPC's, they would reliably appear in the slave house, no matter how many of them were caught by the player. In the game world, any enslaved NPC would seem to be designated as "killed". Example, after enslaving Moriarty, certain NPC's would refer to his apparent death.

The main problem comes when using Sister's buyable slave mod. The player can purchase more than one slave; however, ordering one slave to do something forces all other slaves to enact the same script package. You tell one slave to "wait", and then one slave to "follow you", they both will end up following you...

I tried to dissect his scripting, and for all intents and purposes, it seems to call all the appropriate NPC-specific references, so I don't see why telling one slave to do something would affect all saves.

I guess I just don't truly understand how it really works. There must be some way to reliably overwrite AI packages without imposing limits... :(

This is starting to depress me... ;_;

Don't be depressed it is simply a lot of testing and scripting work.

So there's no way to control any [large number of] named NPC's in the manner I need?

As long as the NPCs are named you shouldnt have any troubles. These NPCs are not marked as respawnable and are mostly persistant references. So they are from a scripting standpoint perfect victims.

I won't pretend I fully understand advanced scripting... But I keep going back to Sisterchipmunk's Slave Stick Around mod. In it, so long as the player sticks to non-generic NPC's, they would reliably appear in the slave house, no matter how many of them were caught by the player. In the game world, any enslaved NPC would seem to be designated as "killed". Example, after enslaving Moriarty, certain NPC's would refer to his apparent death.

Yes this works good and is a perfect solution for the named ones. Respawner are the troublemakers in the slavepen.

The main problem comes when using Sister's buyable slave mod. The player can purchase more than one slave; however, ordering one slave to do something forces all other slaves to enact the same script package. You tell one slave to "wait", and then one slave to "follow you", they both will end up following you...

I tried to dissect his scripting, and for all intents and purposes, it seems to call all the appropriate NPC-specific references, so I don't see why telling one slave to do something would affect all saves.

I haven't looked at this mod for a long time. But I assume there are some global or questvariables which controls the tokens of the NPCs.

I use a different scripted token & different package for every NPC. So I can't run in this problems. This was the only real reliable way to get the wanted behaviour. The downside is a lot of scripting work and as you say limits.

Well as for "scripting Prisoners" might want to look ar the RR compaion Vault

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=3644

There is a set of weapons in the overseer office that puts peopl in the prison cell on lower level and then you can hire them or feed them to your mirelurks LOL

might want to ask how that was done might help to with new ideas for you "Prisoner script"