Question: How to modify armor / weapon stats

feetjai

Open the Geck, click the file menu at the top, and click 'Data'. Then check the box next to fallout3.esm (or whichever file you want to modify.) Once that has loaded up, click save and name your mod.

Now, in the 'Object Window' on the far left, scroll down the list, and click on Item -- armour, or Items -- weapons, or whatever. You should see a list of all the armors or weapons, just right of where you clicked. Double click on one you want to edit. Or, right-click and click edit. For example, if you went into 'armor' you could click on ArmorEnclave, which opens up the standard Enclave Power Armor.

A new window should open up, which contains most of the data for that armor. There's boxes for health, weight, value, and the box called AR is actually the Damage Resistance of the armor. So you can edit any of that as you like, then click okay at the bottom.

Now go back to the file menu and save. Now you just load up your new .esp file when you start the game, either with the regular fallout 'Data' menu, or through FOMM (fallout mod manager.)

Hope this helps.

It is a good practice to first duplicate the item that you want to modify first. If you change stats on a assault rifle for example without duplicating it, all assault rifles will be changed.

To create your own assault rifle or to duplicate an item, you have to change the editor ID in GECK.

You will be asked to 'create new form', always select yes and your item will be created and the original will be left untouched.

Ahh yes. Done!

1) open file you like to edit and mark it as Active

2) in my case I had to goto game effect / .... changed the stats

3) saved

Thanks

Anyone know how to Add random timer script that will stop the stat from beging active?

I like to implement a function like:

invisibility 100, random moments it will anounce 'power is failing' , count down from 5 to 0, then invisibility will be 0...

..then the item will anounce 'recharging in process eta x seconds' charge time also random...from 5-10 seonds

I have no scripting experience yet...I am looking around on the internet if i can find something.... Help is welcome...!