Weapons with dual modes

dragon awakened

I hope this is not the wrong place for such a question.

One of my favorite weapon mods was the Aliens M41A Pulse Rifle. Initially it came with a grenade launcher but the launcher never worked. My question is when a weapon comes with more than one type of combat mode how do you get them to work? I thought you just changed over to the alternate mode but that did not work in my case.

I'm not a modder I'm just wondering how they (modders) get things like that to work?

As always I thank you for reading and/or answering.

I always wondered if the weapon could be made to look like two weapons, so that you could hotkey the grenade part and the balistic part of the weapon.

Lets say I have a Chinese Assault rifle that has been modded to have a grenade launcher. Same vanilla chinese assault rifle stats. But in my weapons menue I have one that says Chinese Assault Beta, and Chinese Assault Grenade, all for example. Well I hotkey the beta as one to shoot my 5.56, and hotkey the grenade as 2 to shoot my CALBR 60mm grenades. All for example.

I do not even know if the game works like that. Personally, I would like to be able to do that. I have the Mini Hideout mod. In the hideout there is a weapon that absolutely rocks. It has, however, a grenade launcher. But I cannot use it. I suck at throwing grenades. I would rather be able to shoot them.

~Mal

The M41A did have a switch mode but even with grenades in my inventory it would not shoot them. Overall this is still a great weapon. Each clip/magazine 95 .5mm round. Vats gives 6 shot bursts (if you get 4 shots in VATS like I do (character is only 10th level so no Action Boy/Girl Perk yet) you spit out 24 rounds. It seems to have exceptional range and health. I've cooked off over 2000 rounds so far and the weapon has not needed any repairs. Max dmg with 100 in small guns is 56 however for some reason when I hit Point Lookout (previous playtest) the weapons damage jumped to 111 (nearly double). This is my go to weapon when I'm not using a sniper rifle. I've actually gotten good at throwing grenades so I'm not worried about the Intigrated GL not working.

hm, very good point. Still a working under-slung shotgun or nade launcher would be nice. But I am certaintly not complaining about anything. I love the assault rifle I picked up. It is similar to yours, only mine degrades faster and uses 5.56. I go through a good ammount of ammo, but mine is also a 3 shot burst in vats. Still I would not ming being able to firea grenade, to soften up the enemy. But you are right, I can throw em just as easily.