Alistair's Family quest save?? **SPOILERS**

jolly2807

I need a game save set before the Alistair's Family quest is completed i.e. before you visit his sister, but after quest is started.

My character is an elven male mage and I'm trying to re-do this quest as to harden Alistair, as I only just found out that you need to harden him in order to let Loghain live and make him king.

I'm going to try to merge this save with one of mine using the DA Toolset so that I don't have to start all over again.

Any help would be very appreciated.

Many Thanks

Well, I'm afraid that I dont have a savegame for you that would work. However, there's a mod called MetaGame Items- http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=13 there's an item in this mod called the Machiavellian Tome. You give it to a romancable character as a gift, and it sets their Hardened app to active. Just be careful in using it, don't use it, or the Love Potion #9 as a method to repopulate their Approval if you get say, a -3 approval hit. Because each time you give it to them, you toggle that particular app. So you could inadvertantly turn OFF romance with that character if you dont pay attention to what you are doing, and how many times you give it to them.

It would be much simpler for you to use that, instead of trying to edit your savegame in the toolcrap (and possibly screwing up your savedgame).

Also, don't be afraid to start up multiple saved games. Bioware gave you 142 slots for savegames. You Can save before a big event, and then afterwards save it to a completely new savegame ;)

not a prob, glad to be able to help you out :)

Also, just so that you know, when regardless of whether he's hardened or not, when you recruit loghain, he'll (alistaire) will still leave the party. so if there's any gear or anything you want off him, get it before the landsmeet.

sorry for not mentioning this earlier, I kinda forgot about it :(