Armors/Weapons , MAssive Armors/Concept Armors

eXoduis

:verymad:Hello...

My name is exoduis, and i got a problem. :verymad:

So far, mods related, there is one thing that bugs me... in a fantasy style game like Oblvion where has the Massive armor gone??! Of course i found Jojjo's Dreadknight and Lich King, the breast plate is quite massive and nice but the greaves are just plain wrong because they are so thin, no offence. :confused:

One of my fav hobbys is too draw and over the years i did many drawing of swords concept art and armor, now the big question is.... if i take time to upload them, would anybody be interested of making something out fo them? High poly armors? :unsure:

Your Sincerly :thanks:

P.S: My skill as concept artist (or nearly) is free to anyone, if anyone needs a concept ill do it, furtherly my writing skills are available to anybody too. :biggrin:

Hey,

the reason why there are not many armors like that is in how the original skeleton and animations are made. It would take a really massive amount of time and modding skills just to nearly achieve something like that. I know that because i am working right now on an armor a little bigger that the average and i m having real problems.

I imagine you have in mind armors like in warhammer or similar? I m sorry but as much as i would want to see that too, its just not probable that someone would do it.

@Unavi, not at all like warhammer, i am uploading a picture iv done of the armor i am talking about ;)

and Kieranfoy, if we start going in the reality of Oblivion, our character would be duck-walking, as knights of old where clusmy in their plostrons and greaves :D And i guess thats where Roberts v5 male body comes in handy eh? with six pack like my characters and biceps like him too ;p he would be able to wear anything...

Most People like their Stuff *less* ridiculous then the Final Fantasy Swords. Although in Final Fantasy, the armor really was rather lacking.

In Oblivion, most of the heavy Armor Pieces are Platemail, massive metal Plates, so i don't know what you want.

One of the Reasons why the european Knights eventually where no longer useful on the Battlefield was because they where ridiculously slow. The Armors became heavier and heavier, until they reached a Point where swords just couldn't do anything. Eventually, Knights carried those giant two handed Swords with them to have at least a Chance to get through the massive Plate mail and left their Shield at home. Why carry a metal Plate around, i'm wearing one already.

So the Armors got even bigger and bulkier until eventually the Armor itself was the Reason for the Death of most Knights; Other Warriors just sidestepped them, knocked them over and opened up the fastenings of the Armor to stab them.

That could be a Reason why many People like Armor that looks like you could actually fight with it.

For bigger Armor, I'd recommend looking for a recreating of the "Power Armor" from Fallout 3.

I think we are forgetting this is the Elder Scrolls universe.

What about the Dwemer? Chimarvidium was a large untenable suit of armor

which convinced everyone that it was a robot because it was too big for a person

to walk around in.

This is not like in real medieval life, there's magic and advanced mechanics about here.

Besides, how many mods are there that have a single strip of cloth and offer pretty

much no protection in reality, but are still called "armor"?

Let's wait and see the concept art, eh?

http://i816.photobucket.com/albums/zz84/zprospero/zpro.gif