No change in FPS even when dec res/AA/AF...

rahaney

Hi all,

I'm having a really weird bug here. I previously played F3 i think on some nvidia's 18x drivers with nhancer and was getting 20fps min outside even with a huge firefight going on.

I'm now on the latest 190's w/ nhancer again and i've tried everything i can think of to increase my FPS. It just sits around 10 when outside in the waste's.

There's no change when decreasing resoultions or aa or af both iusing nhancer & the f3 launcher

I've tried all the old 180 drivers i can find and for the life-of me i can't understand why.

I've uninstalled all my texture mods but again there's no change.

I've checked that i haven't clamped the fps in the ini

Am fresh out of ideas...can anyone suggest a course of action?

Secondly on a side note does anyone know of a way to disable or decrease the haze/volumetric effects when inside buildings/subways i.e. when you get dust particles and it looks like stagnant air. That definately hits my fps too.

Thanks all,

rahaney

You're sure it only started when you updated your driver? Or it's a mod that you've recently added? Have you tried out other games on your PC? It might be heat related. I'm also using Nvidia, go into your Nvidia control panel, try setting maximum pre-rendered frames to 6 (default is 2, set the suitable value until your game is smoother, do not set it over 6). You can also try this mod:

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=8886 - Fallout Stutter Remover

Thanks for the reply,

My GPU sits at about 55 when idle and up to 70-75 under load. I am overclocking my card (though still only using the default settings in the program it comes with i.e. enhanced mode instead of safe). My cpu and mem are both o'ced but to the same extent they were last time

I'm gonna uninstall all mods and see if there's any increase. The FSR only really works with 1.7 though it runs on my sys (1.5) - well i think its running through fomm.

I tried the max frames ahead but didn't notice a change as yet.

I'll keep updating this, thanks again for the reply