testing a mod...?

whiteaden

One or all of your search keywords were below 3 characters or you searched for words which are not allowed, such as 'html', 'img', etc, please go back and increase the length of these search keywords or choose different keywords.

I tried searching for the quickest way to test a mod (by searching for "test a mod") and this is what I got as a return... so here's my question... what is the quickest way to test a mod...

I've started work on my Black Powder Mod... and started modifying the area where the quest/story will start... namely the Orzammar Hall of Heroes... so I've modified it, but now I want to test if it works =P... how should I go about that?

I've followed this link/tutorial but it says "stand alone mod" which mine isn't... it's an Addin... =P

should I make it a "stand alone mod" to speed up my testing? or should I move a character to Orzammar and just load the area from that game...?

Don't really get the question. Test the mod by loading DA:O and going to the area you've modded. I don't know what other option you're expecting?

Use -enabledeveloperconsole and debug scripts to quickly set plot flags or move your character to wherever you need to be. Disable intro movies by setting the DisableIntroMovie value in <Documents>\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings\DragonAge.ini to 1. Also set the 0= and 1= lines near that to (UNASSIGNED) to completely disable all bik entry movies. Run the game in windowed mode at low resolutions and low graphic settings to reduce the load time and footprint. Disable audio for the same reasons. (Obviously you'll have to back to full res, etc. when you are specifically testing textures or important graphical/audio stuff).

okay, let me try and elaborate

I've modified the Orzammar Hall of Heroes, tried "the "custom Campaigns" menu and can't load it... so what you're saying is that when I load one of my save games it should work?

okay, let me try and elaborate

I've modified the Orzammar Hall of Heroes, tried "the "custom Campaigns" menu and can't load it... so what you're saying is that when I load one of my save games it should work?

Ah, OK. Yeah if it's just an addin then just load a saved game and your changes should show up as soon as you go to the modded area. You can also check the "downloadable content" from the main menu to verify that your addin is installed and enabled.