Problem giving NPC's custom armor/weapons in GECK

rausheim

As the title says, I've got trouble giving NPC's custom weapons & armor.

I simply load up the ESP's containing the armor, along with the ESM's of Fo3 (of course).

Then after the 5 errormessages 'bout some faction stuff I've got no clue about, i then find the NPC i want to give a custom weapon/armor to.

I'll use Paladin Bael in this example.

I remove everything from his inventory, i also alter his template into "NONE". I then give him a custom gun/armor, i then get everything between 5 and 10 error messages about animation etc etc.

I save, load up both the custom gun/armor and the new ESP file from saving in the mod mng, i find the NPC (this case, Bael) he is usually naked and no weapons.

I've also tried with lots of other weapons/armors and other NPC's, but no luck.

So what am i doing wrong?

As the title says, I've got trouble giving NPC's custom weapons & armor.

I simply load up the ESP's containing the armor, along with the ESM's of Fo3 (of course).

Then after the 5 errormessages 'bout some faction stuff I've got no clue about, i then find the NPC i want to give a custom weapon/armor to.

I'll use Paladin Bael in this example.

I remove everything from his inventory, i also alter his template into "NONE". I then give him a custom gun/armor, i then get everything between 5 and 10 error messages about animation etc etc.

I save, load up both the custom gun/armor and the new ESP file from saving in the mod mng, i find the NPC (this case, Bael) he is usually naked and no weapons.

I've also tried with lots of other weapons/armors and other NPC's, but no luck.

So what am i doing wrong?

You can't just take Item/armor from one esp, give it to some guy and save it to another esp...

You must either charge armors id and save it to your esp OR: use fo3edit to make esp with armor as master of your esp.

Anyway... Changing items "Base id" will save/copy that item onto your new esp

• 1 month later...