Revamping the Megaton House V2.

dragon awakened

Not long ago I was asking about the possibility of someone helping me revamp the Megaton house. I've said it before I'm not all that computer literate so modding is like speaking French to me.

I had downloaded an alternative housing mod that worked without compromising one of my favorite modded weapons (Aliens M41A Pulse Rifle). Here is the oproblem with it though. It comes with an ungodly amount of stuff in it (100k caps, pretty much endless rounds (5-10 thousand of each ammo type). The big point to it is it has an amazing amount of storage.

I'm always playing the "Good" Karma character so that is why I'm asking about a revamped Megaton house.

MY IDEAS:

Remove Wadsworth: Only thing he was ever good for was the 5 bottles of purified water then it was endless chattering from that point on.

Living Room: the lockers closest to the kitchen turned into a row of perhaps 3 gunlockers (4 if it will fit) (I devide my weapons by melee/unarmed, small guns, and big weapons, a 4th I would store armor I intended to sell in. Remove the long bookcase and replace it with a couch. The lockers closest to the entrance/exit replaced with a single tool cabinet (I store my craftables components in this one since it is is adjacent to the workbench once purchased.)

First room up the stairs: This is apparently where Wadsworth is stored. With him gone this could be put to better use. My thinking is turn it into the characters bedroom. Simple furnishings like a bed with a footlocker at the base and a cabinet.

2nd Room: Office. Leave the desk and file cabinet but remove the bed. perhaps put a working computer on the desk. In place of the bed perhaps a rack of ammo storage crates (I've seen this done in Underground Hideout v4-4 and Wulfs underground hideout. A wall mounted medkit like you find in many of the houses you enter. I know there is a personal medkit for the house you can buy but it does not allow you to store anything in it.

I do not need a bunch of weapons and ammo built into it I collect ammo pretty fast and I have specific armor mods I use so added armor is just a waste.

I thank all who have read this and really thank anybody that can help out.

I know there may be other alternative Megaton houses out there but every time I search it comes up with a "0" found.

I might take a crack at it. Take into account I'm fairly new to the construction set, bit as long as there's no mesh or texture editing, I think I can do it. I'll update you in a bit, knowing if I can get the job done or not.

EDIT: And to save all of my sanity, it's going to remove the Themes. So, I hope you like the default.

:wallbash: Just wondering. I've heard that unless set not to do so lockers will reset themselves every three days. Is this true? Due to computer problems yesterday I was unable to get anything set up. The mod is downloaded but not activated yet. Hope to get to it today.

I'm pretty sure I set everything up right. Just save beforehand, and wait 3 in game days, then check again. I set everything not to respawn, so you should be fine.