Removing shared cooldown on potions

damasca

I really wasn't sure where to put this... so sorry if this better belongs somewhere else but -

Combat Tweaks has a lot of features. I like almost all of them. The one that really bugs me, though, is the shared cooldown on potions. How, specifically, can I remove the shared cooldowns? I have the DA toolkit but I really don't know how to work it. I'd really like to keep the mod, but at the same time I'd like to not feel like I am obligated to have a healer for difficult encounters.

It's in the file core_h.nss. Try removing

line 1987

SetCooldown(oCaster, 200010, fCooldown, "gen_im_qck_health_101");

SetCooldown(oCaster, 200011, fCooldown, "gen_im_qck_health_201");

and other lines with gen_im_qck_health

for mana potions gen_im_qck_mana

I didn't test it but it should work.

Opened the file from the folder _Core_Includes and I didn't find any such lines. Obviously my game is already modded, but Combat Tweaks is my only one that changes any cooldowns on anything. I did a search on a few keywords like SetCooldown and gen_im_qck and didn't come up with anything that looked like it had anything to do with my potion cooldowns. :(

You have to download the CT source then go in the directory CT Sources\nss\core_h.nss, modify it, compile it and put it in the override folder.

Read the readme.txt there is also a small tutorial: ...place it into the "denl_combattweaks" folder inside the override folder and replace my files.

Deleted everything regarding shared cooldowns of any sort among quick use items, but I am still experiencing the shared cooldown of potions. Tested with both old and new games as well as both mana and health potions.

I'm not sure if it matters, but I used Dreamweaver to edit the file because I did not know how to open it with the toolset.

I will test it myself. There shouldn't be any problem except there are other checks that create a cooldown. However maybe you did it wrong after you edited it with dreamweaver (you can also open the file with a notepad shouldn't be a problem) did you compile it in the toolset and placed the compiled file in the denl_combattweaks folder? If you just edited it it can't work because you have to compile it.

I tested it myself, somehow the core_h won't compile.

E: 16:50:21 - core_h.nss - core_h.nss(?): Script must contain either a main or StartingConditional

Even though I just replaced the original core_h code with the from CT. I don't know why it isn't working. The original code doesn't either begin with void main() or with int ...