CTD at the end of Raven Rock

darkrider1027

Basically every time i try to get out when the final door is about 1/2 way open the game does a CTD. Heres my load order:

Fallout3.esm

FallsChurchMetroFix.esm

DCInteriors_ComboEdition.esm

CALIBR.esm

FOOK2 - Main.esm

FOOK2 - [*censored*] World And Neighbourhood Kit.esm

Better Companions Clover Ess.esp

Fellout-Full.esp

Fellout-pipboylight.esp

AAArmoury.esp

1alexscorpionFPSanimations.esp

Sprint Mod.esp

DK_BulletTime.esp

FPS Grenade Hotkey.esp

FPS Grenade Hotkey - FOOK2.esp

Remove That Glove.esp

Snipervelocity.esp

VelocityOverhaul.esp

Console Key Binder.esp

Phalanx-DogmeatEnemyTweaks.esp

Phalanx-MainFollowerModule.esp

FOOK2 - Main.esp

ZumbsDarkerSunglasses.esp

FOOK2 Nightvision for Fellout.esp

firelance-quest.esp

ActionPoses.esp

TL_Freeze.esp

bigtownupgrade.esp

Dragonskin Tactical Outfit.esp

MyFOOK2 - No Rape Victims.esp

MyFOOK2 - Black & White Tranquility Lane.esp

FOOK2 - [EVE] Energy Visuals Enhanced.esp

TL Hotfix [Experimental] .esp

DragonskinBonusPack.esp

Tankless Flamer.esp

Total active plugins: 35

Total plugins: 43

*Edit* Actually seems to be more when Fawkes kills his first Enclave solider outside the base or possibly just on a timer it is hard to tell.

I think it is an issue with FOOK. Try un-checking FOOK, then do a clean save (start game without FOOK, save game, exit, start game,load save game. After exiting raven rock, then exit the game and check back FOOk.

Hmm... on second thought, do not do a clean save, I don't think your save game will even start without FOOK. I think it will CTD right away if you load your game without it. Try un-checking all phalanx and companion mods. Then load up your game and test.

• 3 years later...

Hey I have this problem too. Its related to Fook2 although I don't know why. I can disable Fook2 and my game will load. However, if I have Fook 2 checked, it gets hung up on the loading screen. It keeps cycling though different pictures, and tips, but the actual game never loads. When I try to Alt_tab out, nothing happens, then when I open the task manager, it says that Fallout 3 is not responding so I close it. Its very strange though, because it was working just fine til I got to the part where you leave Raven Rock and the door opens and Fawkes is out there blowing dudes up. I tried to do a clean save, but like I said, if I have Fook2 checked at all, my game won't even load. Very annoying because that is my favorite mod and I'm so far into the game at this point.

• 1 year later...

I've found a better fix, without having to uncheck FOOK. It's untested whether or not it'll work every single time, but opening menus while the door is opening allowed me to get by. I usually opened the pipboy RIGHT as I got out, and tried fast travelling, but I've found what works best is to pause the game when you're right on the door. Has worked for me twice (I was a dumb and loaded my game instead of saving it when I was a little farther away.) Try it, you might need a little patience, but it should work.