The Winter Forge Mod

DarkeWolf

the website and the blogs really arent that great at being informative. I'm hoping that some of you can answer some of the questions that I couldnt find answers to.

1) How do you use the colored ingots?

2) Where are all the scrolls located? I've found a lot on Bodahn, a few with the Dalish. Where's the rest?

3) Whats the alter for, and the storage thing?

Tis somewhat confusing since the update.

The coloured enamel ingots are just for colouring the tint of the item i.e. if you want it silver, gold or purple etc.

I just use the option to make it go back to the old version when doing stats or changing the material then back to the new version if I want to change the colour.

Wonders of Thedas I remember checking, but cant remember if there was anything there or not. Nada in redcliffe, nor in Orzammar that I've found.

I know what they do, I dont know how to use them. What do I do with them to make the item gold, silver, etc?

What do you mean old version and new version?

His newest version is VERY bugged. You can sell infinite copies of scrolls you've bought for infinite money. And crystals don't disappear after you use it to enchant something.

Thankfully, using the barrel I've switched back to the previous version, which is not bugged, while still being able to keep the more clear scrolls journal from the latest version. And buying 1 scroll still allows you to buy the entire set of scrolls, as per the latest version.

You can uninstall v3.3 and install v4. Then use the barrel in camp to tune it back to v3.3 specs so there are no enchantment bugs, while still being able to read the clearer v4 scrolls (it indexes for you).

Also v4 requires you to buy much less scrolls, thank god.

Oh, and v4 gives you EXP for forging, woot! (optional setting)

Foreword :

People may want to use the BSN project discussion board if they have questions or comments, I am hardly reading Nexus.

1) How do you use the colored ingots?

Right click on these while in inventory. When the "free materials mode" is disabled (cf. config help) they are also used to determine which options will appear during creation / modification of items.

2) Where are all the scrolls located? I've found a lot on Bodahn, a few with the Dalish. Where's the rest?

Scrolls can be looted in relevant maps (Sacred Ashes, Nature of the Beast, Broken Circle) and bought from some stores. Not every store. Rough list off the top of my head :

• Circle - Quartermaster
  • Denerim - Gorim
  • Denerim - Cesar
  • Denerim - Wonders of Thedas
  • Lothering - Whatisface outside the Chantry
  • Lothering - Barlin
  • Frostback - Faryn
  • Orzammar - Figor
  • Orzammar - Janar
  • Orzammar - Alimar

Stores are refilled every 30min by default. (cf. config options)

3) Whats the alter for, and the storage thing?

Those are explained in great details on the unhelpful website, or so you say :

- Recommanded reads 1

- Recommanded reads 2

- Recommanded reads 3

Basically the Autel is related to the whole enchantment craft skill processes, and the storage is here to store enchantment related reagents.

And crystals don't disappear after you use it to enchant something.

I'm a bit late answering this 'cause I don't really follow nexus forum (lack of time) but that was a rare and early issue which was addressed since. The current version works just fine.

His newest version is VERY bugged. You can sell infinite copies of scrolls you've bought for infinite money.

Her. :blush:

Anyway, you're right, although I would call that "slightly glitched" rather than "VERY bugged". Still. If people feel like getting free copies of the scrolls and selling those for a few coins, and then repeating the task douzens of time, I'd say the issue is more with them than with the addon. They should just add money through the console. It's not like I can (or wish) to stop people from cheating if they want to... (plus, you could already sell "blank" items freely created with TWF for infinite gold)