Custom Headgear Textures Appear blank in game

syizm

Hi,

I have added a custom Hockey Mask, bandanna, and two camouflage combat helmets in to the game. The work fine in the edit>view portions of the GECK editor, and in game the biped models SOMETIMES (rarely) load correctly.

The problem is the textures don't load on to the mesh in the game. For example, a camo pattern texture for a combat helmet looks just fine in GECK on the biped model and world model, but when I put it on my character in the game it appears as solid black. However - if I drop the items on the ground in game the world model works just fine.

Any ideas? I tried the files as DXT1 no alpha, and DXT1 w/ alpha, and it doesn't make a difference.

Hi,

I have added a custom Hockey Mask, bandanna, and two camouflage combat helmets in to the game. The work fine in the edit>view portions of the GECK editor, and in game the biped models SOMETIMES (rarely) load correctly.

The problem is the textures don't load on to the mesh in the game. For example, a camo pattern texture for a combat helmet looks just fine in GECK on the biped model and world model, but when I put it on my character in the game it appears as solid black. However - if I drop the items on the ground in game the world model works just fine.

Any ideas? I tried the files as DXT1 no alpha, and DXT1 w/ alpha, and it doesn't make a difference.

Did you make Normal Maps for them?

Yes - the Normal/Gloss map in the texture section for the items has the correct "*_n.dds" file referenced. I'm using the standard *_d.dds files that I extracted. The mod itself isn't using a new models - just a lot of retextures.

Here is a link to the mod :

http://www.fallout3nexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=11460

I've added a few new items, and that's when the problem arose. In the link posted above the bandanna I added, and the hockey mask are both working. Now, I've added two new helmets, and NONE of the four are working correctly.

Thanks for the quick reply!

Here is a strange observation.

Placing the items on character using the Pip-Boy results in the textures loading correctly.

Placing the items on character using hot keys results in the textures almost never loading.

Weird. I can't figure it out.