I NEED HELP I NEED HELP PLZ PLZ PLZ PLZ

jjl1309

hey everybody! I have been having this problem lately where i will save a game but it wont come up on my save games or load lists. When first going into the game it says that this save relies on content that is no longer available . I KNOW wat this means, and i know its not true because i havent recently deleted/changed or downloaded any mods or downloadable content. it saves when i fast travel and when i wait, so if i die i can go back to those, but they dont appear on the save or load game list. when i exit the game, all goes away too so i am back square 1 with the same save. Oh, and when i save over another save, IT DELETES THAT SAVE, TOO!!!!!!!! :wallbash: it doesnt crash or any thing, it does the same normal thing it would do when it saves. When i go to my save games folder for fallout3 on my desktop, all the saves are there, but not in the game. I NEED HELP!!!! plz someone help me it would be greatly appreciated. :mellow:

Do you mod? If yes then this may or my not help.

I downloaded a mod for oblivion once, I know its not FO3, and it worked fine for a while. but about a week or two my game was acting up bad. I reintalled and the same thing continued. I dont remember the mod but I found that when I got rid of it entirely off the computer my game worked fine again. That mod had to be a virus I think.

Same could be happening to you. If not I would suggest that you uninstall and reinstall the game, and maybe even starta new character to see if it does the same.

Good Luck!

When i go to my save games folder for fallout3 on my desktop, all the saves are there, but not in the game. I NEED HELP!!!! plz someone help me it would be greatly appreciated. :mellow:

There's a rumor this can happen if you sometimes login as an administrator, or if you're logging into another account on your computer.

Also make sure you check both of these save game folders (maybe you're going back and forth from Windows Live):

Non GFWL Saves: C:\Users\*User*\Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Saves

GFWL Saves: C:\Users\*User*\Documents\My Games\Fallout3\Saves\*xbl account*

You can freely copy from one folder to the other, so you can still use your old saves while playing the dlc.

Edited by myrmaad

hey guys its me! after reading your guys' tips i went into the game and started to scroll down to my older saves. got into my low 400's and then it suddenly jumped to the 597-600 range! all my attempts to save earlier were in the middle of the save list! YAY! :thumbsup: the only thing is, how did this happen?! does anyone know? :blink: thanx