MrHebert

Hi, since a couple of months, I've got difficulties in running Skyrim. I modded it a bit. I'm not fool, I downloaded only well-known ones, like R'n'D or YY Anim Replacer, so I could be sure I wasn't installing viruses. But at some point it started to crash, so I removed scripted mods, modified the load order through TES5Edit, re-installed SKSE, etc. Then, it didn't crash so much, but some meshes kind of disapeared and, sometimes, I fell under the ground... I'm not on a cracked version of the game, I didn't install any ENB, the launcher and the SKSE launcher are set as administrator, and etc., all those basic errors.

Long story short, the game was soon impossible to launch, so I deleted all of my mods, one by one, and anything linked to them. I made sure that I wasn't throwing away important files though. I uninstalled and re-installed the game many times (in Steam), brought the files to a friend of mine which knows better than me how to handle these things, uninstalled and re-installed again, but nothing worked.

Actually, by ''doesn't launch'', I mean that the launcher opens up, I click ''play'', then a little black window appears on the top-left corner of my screen, then disappears, a bigger one in the middle of the screen, and it disappears too. That's all.

HELP ME PLZZZ

You could give it a try to repair your skyrim with steam. (because it doesn't take more then a couple of minutes)

Goto your game library, right click on The elder scrolls V: Skyrim. And pick properties.

Goto local files, and click on verify integrity of game cache...

And when you uninstalled everything, did you made sure everything got deleted before installing again? This comment someone posted on a forum helped me a few months ago.

First you need to uninstall Skyrim(Captain Obvious to your service)
This is how:

• Open steam.
  • From the menu select: Games>View games library
  • Right click: The Elderscrolls V: Skyrim
  • Select: Properties
  • From the tabs, select: Local files.
  • Click: Delete local game content...

After its been removed there are three folders you'll need to verify that they've been deleted.
There shouldn't be any Skyrim folder in "..\Steam\steamapps\common"

Delete the Skyrim folder from "..\Documents\My Games\"
e.g. "C:\Users\<user name>\Documents\My Games"
(This folder is where the game keeps its savegames)

Delete the Skyrim folder from "..\AppData\Local"
e.g. "C:\Users\<user name>\AppData\Local"
(This folder is where the game keeps information about mods and etc.)

For the mod manager I don't know as I don't use any.

source: http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/906390-cleaning-skyrim-for-fresh-install/

Another thing that comes up to my mind is that it might be your computer that can't handle it anymore. But don't ask me if your computer specs can run it, cause I really don't know much about that.

A few hints when you want to mod:

Use a mod manager, like the Nexus mod manager, or the Mod Organizer.

Also use LOOT for your load order and to find missing masters, errors etc.

If you use much mods it's also recommend to use Tes5Edit and Wrye bash

Edited by Highnazgul