Utterly lost...

I realize that to many of you this may seem trivial hand holding BUT shouldn't instructions be written with the ubberest of noobs in mind?

lol well now that i've shot my self in the foot in any hopes of help from the creator (if he reads this) i'm going back to fiddlin to see hat i can get working...

Actually you are completely right on this one. The purpose of a ReadMe.txt file is to tell you about the file(s) in the package, and have instructions on their use. Taking for granted that every FO3 player has installed mods before is the fault of the writer of the document, not the reader.

Common folders you learn to know while installing mods:

Fallout 3\Data - This folder is where most mods are extracted. Here are also all of Fallout 3:s resource files in .bsa format. All .esm and .esp files go here.

Fallout 3\Data\Meshes - This folder holds all of the Meshes for the mods you install. Inside it are the subfolders for numerous items and game resources.

Fallout 3\Data\Textures - Here are all of the Textures for the Meshes, and also their UV-map files. Files here end with .dds. Same as above, a lot of subfolders.

Most of the mods come in packages that already have the directory structure, so everything goes into the right place, if you just extract the file into your Fallout 3\Data folder. If in doubt, leave the mod to install it later, or not at all. :)

I hope that helps a bit :)

Well thanks for the help guys, i think i'm getting the hang of how mods work on fallout and i hate to admit i suffer from a bit of impatience...lol

it really is amazing what the mod community has done for this game. I'm a stalker soc player so truthfully if it wasn't for mods i don't think i would have considered and picked up fallout 3. (nor do i think i would have played stalker with out the mods either) :P