Weird crash

NailPeeler

Perhaps this helps, perhaps not:

A folder above your savegames is the fallout 3 ini.

Back it up and delete it.

Run the Fallout 3 launcher (not the one that launches the game but the settings).

Fallout will create a new ini.

Try the game now.

Afterwards, if it worked, "invalidate older files" again. If it did not work switch back to your backup ini.

Also, if you use FOMM it might not hurt to make the fake windows live dll again.

Perhaps this helps, perhaps not:

A folder above your savegames is the fallout 3 ini.

Back it up and delete it.

Run the Fallout 3 launcher (not the one that launches the game but the settings).

Fallout will create a new ini.

Try the game now.

Afterwards, if it worked, "invalidate older files" again. If it did not work switch back to your backup ini.

Also, if you use FOMM it might not hurt to make the fake windows live dll again.

It didn´t work either. But thank you very much for your time.

That´s what I did step by step:

1.- Uninstall the game and FOMM.

2.- Delete the whole My Documents/My Games folder.

3.- Delete the remaining Fallout 3 main folder.

4.- Install the game in a different folder.

5.- Run the game (OK)

6.- Install FOMM

7.- Uncompress the alternative start mod.

8.- Run the game (OK).

9.- Install a hair pack and toggle the archive invalidation option with the FOMM and the fake windows live dll.

10.- Run the game (crash after loading screen).

Did I miss some step? I can´t find any logic in all this U_U

Thank you all so much for helping people in trouble.

Does it work with the hair pack uninstalled? I have run into several mods that crash my game on start up that others seem to have no problems with, if it works without the hair pack find another pack.

Yeap, but it worked with it installed too before I installed the pip boy readius. The fact is that the Pip Boy Readius did something and I don´t know why I cannot play with the archive invalidation active even if I erase every single trace of the game. So I can play with the hair pack installed as long as I keep the invalidation off (but the hairs look funny).

There may be a change somewhere I´m missing. What is sure is that I will never ever mess with the Pip boy again lol.

Are you using FOMM to invalidate? I had to actually use the archive invalidate tool for some reason the FOMM toggle didn't work for me. You could try that if you haven't already.

Well, the FOMM worked invalidating before installing the Pipboy Readius mod. I don´t know what it did or where but I deleted every file and the problem persist.

Thank you very much for your interest. I appreciatte your help. I will keep on trying to get mods to work again.

Finally I made it :smile:

Using CCleaner to erase every trace in the registry of Fallout and FOMM and installing again it works perfect again.

Thank you all for the interest and help.

EDIT: Seems that not only pip boy readius but every mod that modifies something on the pip boy will crash the game.