Enclave, Brotherhood, Or YOU?

falloutperson416

Actually, in the vanilla game, Enclave tech isn't really all that much better than Brotherhood: both have laser rifles, both have access to heavy weapons, both get access to plasma weapons and Vertabirds, both have Sentry Bots. The Enclave does have Bradley-Hercules, and some advanced Power Armor, but that's about it. And really, if the Brotherhood was able to punch through 2 dozen Enclave soldiers and 3 Vertabirds with a just six Paladins (effectively 7, counting the PC) and one Liberty Prime (which focused on the VBs), how much better are the Enclave?

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd probally hook up with the brotherhood of steel..but not the DC detachment. I'd sign up with the steel located in the west. Lyons may be doing a noble deed by helping DC..but it's also treason IF they are still based on an american government system..and when he has to answer for his actions..so will his officers..and i don't want to get hanged anytime soon. i have my own custom faction to..but since we are talking about a possible reality..there is no way i'd be able to organize something like that. Better off joining instead of creating an entire different faction.

• 1 month later...

Personallly, I'd hook up with the Brotherhood of Steel, and complete the MQ and Broken Steel with good Karma. That would give me the ranking of at least Paladin I would think (since it tells you your a knight before Who Dares Wins). Then I'd take over Mothership Zeta, and as Captain I would give it to the Brotherhood which would make me at least equal with Sarah Lyons due to the amount of tech it contains (I'm pretty sure the scribe could get those doors open to the rest of the ship-and I have a giant death ray).

With that done, and the spoils of war from the Enclave, and the Purifier, the Brotherhood of Steel would be the most advanced faction in the wasteland, leaving me free to take care of the Super Mutants coming from Vault 87. I would kill them all and collapse all the tunnels leading into it (after rescuing Fawkes of course-he could be useful) and thus end the super mutant problem as the remain few are hunted down and destroyed with no access to the FEV.

After that I would travel to the pitt and take it over,and therefore, the freed slaves would work willingly for me and I'd present the steel mill to the Brotherhood so that a.) they can make ammo, and b.) it gives me even more illustrious record of deeds done for them. Then I would wait a few years for Elder Lyons to die of old age, and due to my successes and close friendship with Sarah (judging by what she says after Broken Steel), I would become the new Elder instead of her.

That done, I would rapidly expand my influence and rebuilt the wastleand, targeting threats to the people of the wasteland (need to keep those recruits coming for my expanding army of knights and scribes) and threats to the Brotherhood of Steel. As I expand in all directions (but mainly west), I would create a new governing body-protectionism being the way forward-'let us guide you and we'll protect you from the horrors of the wastes' being the main philosophy.

Then, with a strong recruitment centre, advanced weapons, propaganda (Three Dog), armour and transport, I would convince the Outcasts to rejoin (seriously for all their want of advanced tech, the brotherhood gets more in the game than they do by going off on one mission specifically for it :P) with the promise of them becomeing an official detachment under me if they wished, and then if on my expansion I met the original Brotherhood of Steel, they'd have to accept their way is wrong and adopt my way of leading (and thus Elder Lyon's way) due to the power my force has.

EDIT: Oh and due to the power of my force, having the water purifier (and by this time enough troops to guard all the caravans) I would also persuade Rivet City to give me the jet fighters which they can't use anyway-large airforce of Vertibirds and Jets there :)

• 2 weeks later...

Well originally I would have sided with the enclave. However, judging from the notes I find on the talon mercs that have started attacking me; the enclave hired them.

Therefore I would build my own community with a security force and employ the Brotherhood of Steel as mercenaries. I would payoff talon mercs to feed the enclave false information.

My character is an alien hybrid sooo... I would take everybody to the mothership.... for death *ahem* i mean cake. Yes cake is what i meant.

Or alternatively, Ghost Busters(I'm listening to the theme song right now, and you should be too). Oh yes, I would re-form Ghost Busters.

Edited by MithrilHound

• 2 weeks later...

Depends, if you're talking about the real Brotherhood of Steel, or the bunch of wannabe white knights calling themselves "Brotherhood of Steel" even when they don't deserve that name that habit post-apocalyptic DC.

If you're talking about the real one, then I would join them without thinking twice, now if you're talking about the DC ones, I would join the Enclave, they might be a facist government, but hey, if you're living on a post apocalyptic country, let's face it, a military government until things stabilize again is the best form of government.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...