NPC Main Quest

TartanStevie

Hello All,

I thought I would mention this idea to those out there with the ability to script and modify beautifuly with the GECK.

I am a Fallout 3 Player, Oblivion and before that Morrowind. It's Morrowind that gave me this idea for you talented people.

In Morrowind there is a Mod that allows you to NOT play main quest. Oh, Not simply deleting it! No, An NPC was the Main Character. ( Not the Player Character Though! )

In Morrowind, You start in a Prison Ship with a Dark Elf called Jiub. A modification for Morrowind allowed him to be the Nerveraine. ( Main character ) And allowed you ( The Player Character ) to play as someone with no relation to the main story of the game. In otherwords, You really are a free man/women in the world with no relation to whatever disaster may affect the world. Just another person living their life!

Jiub travelled from city to city and showed himself and telling stories of his ideals. It was such an amazing modification. To be allowed to create your own destiny. Not have this Main Story poke you in the back every now and again and remind you it's still there. This modification deleted and created custom dialogue to show the effects of Jiub being the Main Character instead of you. The name of this modification to me is LONG gone and I don't know the author, Infact, He probabaly doesn't play Fallout 3.

I know that some people want to DELETE the main quest. Instead of deleing it, Why not allow Destiny to play in someone elses hands? You could start a few years later. Another Vault 101 Escapee?.. The story has already been completed. Aqua Pure is already being delivered to the Main Settlements. The Lone Wanderer well...Wanders the wasteland telling his stories and you...Well, You get to do your own thing. Live your life.

The possiblities are endless. Already I use a starting mod called "Alternate Start - Roleplayers". It allows you to start your very own starting story but sadly, That Main Story pokes you in the back...Constantly..

Wouldn't it be nice to live your own life within Fallout 3?

I'm not sure if a Modification like this is already going around. Alternate Start is the only mod really related that I can think of.

TartanStevie

I think it was called "The Prison Ship Escape" if my memory serves me right, a really interesting and original mod back then. And yes, I absolutely agree on your idea. Possibilities could include starting as a member of one of the factions or just as an independent Brahmin herder :biggrin:

I was trying on this idea and already came along well. Not many was reminding you of the mainquest anymore.

I looked up the Citadel, GNR and Little Lamplight. Deleted a few mainquest trigger and killed Threedog by script,

so GNR dont talk about you anymore. Also, I looked vault 101, removed dads holotapes from project purity and

so on.

Yeah, well, after a while I lost interest in continue this. But it's definitely possible and not too much work, if you

know where you need to tweak the game. Coz I have to agree, that alternative roleplayer start is a nice try,

but is a no go for me, coz the mainquest is still in. Total Immersion Killer.

Well, hope somebody will do such a mod (not me :closedeyes: )

Ah, It was indeed a good mod. Morrowind had an endless amount of modifications and you couldn't play Morrowind without Jiub being the Neverarine!

Yes, Deleting major things like you said Yossarian would probabaly do it. Modify a few scripts and NPCs and it would be done. Just have a nice random NPC doing the rest.

I would do it, Sadly though, I've never been good with the Editor set, Even with Morrowind. Most I created was a hole in the ground and managed to create a very crude town. Which then in-game was underwater. That was the Morrowind Editor! Haha.

I hope someone out there will take an interest. It would be nice to take something from Morrowind and place it into Fallout. Some old mods out there can acually bring some new life into Fallout! :)

Aerialz, I know the mod you are on about but I don't think it was that. I found it, Its called "Nevrevar Say Nerevar".

The Link I found was:

http://planetelderscrolls.gamespy.com/View...ail&id=3061

Something like this Modification would be excellent. Especially for all us Roleplayers out there. I've always wanted to be a Trader. No such mod exsists mind you, But the Bessy The Brahmin Or Dread Bessy Modification for Fallout work allowing you to own your own Brahmin. No trader mod though.

Sometime I wish some of the Morrowind Modders continued in the modding world. Shame life takes you away.

Hopefully there are more out there that agree we need a Mod that allows true freedom!

TartanStevie

I would also like to see this ported across it was a very solid well made mod that opened the game up to alot of interesting possibilities, and somewhat amusing to watch the story happen to someone else lol.

Yeah. It's mostly the freedom of not having the worry about the damn quest. Many people want the quest deleted, Im not sure if its possible in Fallout 3 Though, Or else someone would have made it already.

Thing is, It was a simple laid out mod. Just a few scripts and dialogue tweaks and it was going.

Imagine being able to roam the wastes doing your own thing, Your roleplaying say, A Regulator, You where born and raised in the wastes, You kill all the Slavers of Paradise Falls, And then suddenly Three Dog's blurting on the Radio how the Kid from Vault 101 killed all the slavers. =P

Kind of kills the Immersion.

Yeah, I'm sure you all get it. :)

Or hear that 101 killed threedog lol. an easy fix. :devil:

Heck you do an evil character and have it so the vault dweller takes the blame for all the evil in the wastes could be funny.

"Nothing to do with me the Vault Dweller did it, I was in the metro tunnels place at the time... I swear." :whistling: