Invisible chest when wearing a retextured vest mod.

shera

I recently bought a desktop with windows vista to replace the laptop I had (which also had windows vista on it). The vest mod worked fine on the laptop, but now with my desktop it is a clear see-thru vest. It is the shape of the vest, but you can literally see right through it when equipped. It is the Richard Cypher vest from Legend of the Seeker, and it can be found here: http://www.tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=24064

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :thanks:

Any invisible clothing is a missing texture. You may try reinstalling the mod it came from. If you just copied the esp from your laptop then you will also need the meshes and textures for that mod and they must be installed in the proper place.

Any invisible clothing is a missing texture. You may try reinstalling the mod it came from. If you just copied the esp from your laptop then you will also need the meshes and textures for that mod and they must be installed in the proper place.

I copied the meshes, textures and the esp when I installed the mod, but the chest is still invisible when wearing the vest :unsure:

I even tried reinstalling the mod and made sure everything (the meshes and textures) were in the right place :wallbash: Still invisible.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

I copied the meshes, textures and the esp when I installed the mod, but the chest is still invisible when wearing the vest :unsure:

I even tried reinstalling the mod and made sure everything (the meshes and textures) were in the right place :wallbash: Still invisible.

I still can't get it to work. Any ideas? I do have the game of the year edition now (I didn't with my laptop). Does this make a difference? :confused:

I still can't get it to work. Any ideas? I do have the game of the year edition now (I didn't with my laptop). Does this make a difference? :confused:

By "invisible" do you mean you can see straight through your character? If so, you're missing a NormalMap texture. Look through your Textures folder and find the Vest.dds texture. If there is not a Vest_n.dds texture ( the _n stands for NormalMap) right below or above it, that's the source of your problem.

By "invisible" do you mean you can see straight through your character? If so, you're missing a NormalMap texture. Look through your Textures folder and find the Vest.dds texture. If there is not a Vest_n.dds texture ( the _n stands for NormalMap) right below or above it, that's the source of your problem.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, whenever I wear the vest, where the vest is supposed to be is invisible. Only where the vest is supposed to be is where you can see right through. I looked in the textures folder, and it does have a vest_n.dds texture. I have no clue what the source of the problem could be. I had no problem with the mod on my old computer. :(

Okay, just to be clear, because you use different words at different times:

What's actually invisible? The vest itself, with a bare chest visible? The chest invisible, with a vest floating in space over it? Absolutely nothing visible, just a head and arms floating?

What body mod are you using? Does the vest mesh file use a different mod?

Windows versions would have no effect on this. Have you disabled UAC, however? Maybe windows is screwing with your folder structure because of that. It would have done so in Vista as well, but maybe you had UAC disabled then, but not now.

When you installed the mod on this new computer, where did you get the files? From an archive file? Or straight off your old machine? Maybe it will work if you redownload it.

Okay, just to be clear, because you use different words at different times:

What's actually invisible? The vest itself, with a bare chest visible? The chest invisible, with a vest floating in space over it? Absolutely nothing visible, just a head and arms floating?

What body mod are you using? Does the vest mesh file use a different mod?

Windows versions would have no effect on this. Have you disabled UAC, however? Maybe windows is screwing with your folder structure because of that. It would have done so in Vista as well, but maybe you had UAC disabled then, but not now.

When you installed the mod on this new computer, where did you get the files? From an archive file? Or straight off your old machine? Maybe it will work if you redownload it.

Thanks for replying. The vest and the "skin" under the vest is invisible (the rest of the chest is visible). The mod doesn't require any body type, and none are installed. I tried it with the UAC disabled and enabled. It still doesn't work. I redownloaded the mod, and it is still invisible. I have tried everything I can think of. Any other ideas would be very appreciated.

The vest and the "skin" under the vest is invisible (the rest of the chest is visible). The mod doesn't require any body type, and none are installed. I tried it with the UAC disabled and enabled. It still doesn't work. I redownloaded the mod, and it is still invisible. I have tried everything I can think of. Any other ideas would be very appreciated.

Can you post a screenshot so we can see the issue firsthand? (or second hand, as the case may be :tongue: )

The vest and the "skin" under the vest is invisible (the rest of the chest is visible). The mod doesn't require any body type, and none are installed. I tried it with the UAC disabled and enabled. It still doesn't work. I redownloaded the mod, and it is still invisible. I have tried everything I can think of. Any other ideas would be very appreciated.

Can you post a screenshot so we can see the issue firsthand? (or second hand, as the case may be :tongue: )

I tried to take a screenshot but can't find it. I changed "bAllowScreenShot=0" to "bAllowScreenShot=1", saved it and exited the notepad. I took the screenshot during the game (the words came up that the screenshot was taken), but I can't find the screenshot anywhere on my computer. I have windows vista. :huh: