I cannot utilize the Screen Capture function in-game

Well, when I do Shift + Print Screen and paste that into paint, I get a black image, with a window border. No matter how may times I do it. I have attached an example. Pressing the squiggly key gives me no access to the console. Even though it is enabled in the .ini, still can't access it. I don't know what the issue is, but I am at the point now where I am going to do a fresh install of the game and see if that will remedy the situation.

EDIT

Well now, check this out, I fixed my problem. Here's how. I was googling around about possible reasons for not being able to bring up the Fallout 3 console with the tilde key and ran across a post in a forum saying a lot of your keyboards natural functions change if using a 360 gamepad. So I disabled it and switched to kb/mouse. BAM. Problem solved, not only can I screencap, but I can also get into the console. So now I can finally run the killable children mod. Lookout lamplight because princess is gonna get her snotty little head blown off. But I digress.

Problem: keystrokes for screencaps and console not working.

Solution: 360 controllers cannot be used when trying to access such features. Switch to keyboard, then switch back when needed. Now we know, and if anybody happens to post with this same problem it's one more possible solution. Thanks for all the help guys.