is the construction set a mad mans tool?

hoshi23

this things is crazy. hopefully someone here has a clue.

i saved my project with around 700 objects successfully and then proceeded to start oblivion in order to see how it goes, but to my surprise the interior was only in a state back when there were

only around 100 objects in it!

ouch you might think, but the story goes on.

after that of course immediatelly loading the .esp in the contruction set gave out many errors about missing file references and a nice message if i would want correct the file header aka

700 objects in the header, but

only 100 objects actually loaded.

100 objects, which before did work evidently fine ingame.

ok. now here it comes.

later i fired tes up again giving me the same error message with the header reverting the interior back to its original state:

from 100 objects further down to 60.

how can this happen?

i did not start oblivion or do anything to modify what did work fine before. just out of the blue ciao bella? what could i possibly

be missing here except that i should save more often?

Very well. You've made a statement.

What do you want people to do? Give you a hug? Help you out?

You need to ask for help, not just say 'the CS sucks.'

What do you want us to do?

basicly what makes the program do this stuff? this is what i want to know ,because i enjoy modding, but like this honestly who can?

there is no documentation on something like that.

atleast i have not found it.

what else?

ps: in case it matters. the interior cells were of the pirate ship marie elena, which everyone knows, is docked at waterfront.

i am refering to the objects in the cell. otherwise there is empty space. tasteless black.

have you ever used the tes construction set?

you have an object window, which you drag objects from into the empty nothingness to create interior cells.

like for instance a pimped pirate ship with a hot steamy jacuzzi and everything.

where the hell is the mistake here? that is the question.

100.000 septims and 10 kudos reward.

Yes, I'm very skilled at it. I assume you were very skilled, also, and referring to some other thing called an object; something technical.

So, you could have easily said, 'stuff is vanishing from cells; walls, food, EVERYTHING.'

Is that it?

Despite the possibly condescending tone in kieranfoy's posts, it isn't clear what you were doing, or what errors came up in what order. Any chance you could drop the defensive attitude and just sum it all up in plain English?

700 objects in a single cell is beyond excessive. Even 100 objects in a single cell is a bit too much. What the heck were you doing exactly?

The reason why those objects might not have saved or come up with an error is because you were doing too much in one location, and probably exceeded what you could do with your available memory. A header change when loading a mod usually happens because parts of that mod were flagged as being corrupt or not present within the mod (by means of deleting those objects, or them being part of some other .esp which was mistakenly loaded while you were working). Saving more often might help, but so could not sticking 700 objects in a single cell.