Pink Raiders

LordKinoda

For the life of me I can not figure out what is causing this to happen. I've gone through every folder in the data/textures section and deleted anything with 'raider' in it. Hoping to just make them revert to the vanilla textures.

Now of course, if I disable all the mods I have installed they revert to vanilla. But that's not any fun. I've been going through disabling some mods and starting the game up to see if they are the offending files to no avail. I've read somewhere that other people have had similar problems, either with raiders or something else. But I still haven't found anything that tells you how to fix it.

It is only a texture glitch right ? And as I've said, I've deleted every raider texture that is in my mod folders (presumably anyway). And it's not only just females, or males. It's both (see picture). If all else fails, I'd be more than happy to just have all raiders revert to vanilla status.

For the life of me I can not figure out what is causing this to happen. I've gone through every folder in the data/textures section and deleted anything with 'raider' in it. Hoping to just make them revert to the vanilla textures.

Now of course, if I disable all the mods I have installed they revert to vanilla. But that's not any fun. I've been going through disabling some mods and starting the game up to see if they are the offending files to no avail. I've read somewhere that other people have had similar problems, either with raiders or something else. But I still haven't found anything that tells you how to fix it.

It is only a texture glitch right ? And as I've said, I've deleted every raider texture that is in my mod folders (presumably anyway). And it's not only just females, or males. It's both (see picture). If all else fails, I'd be more than happy to just have all raiders revert to vanilla status.

So you are using exnem's famale body along with the Textures for it, right? (I can't tell from the pics, sorry).

And have you added any male textures or have you added Roberts Male body?

I added Robert's Male Bodies for male defaults, and Type3 for females I believe.

But I also have Body Control , which may or may not be affecting this. I don't know. Presumably not, since it does have .esp files to disable, which I did, to no change.

I also removed all the Robert files, no luck. It has to be a texture somewhere no ? Not a mesh.

First, you just can't slap a texture for a different body on to another body mesh. Unless the Exnem's texture specifically says it works with Type 3, you may never assume it will.

Robert's male comes with textures, so I'm going to assume the installation procedure went awry. Try reinstalling Roberts, after reviewing the directions in the readme file carefully. And you might reinstall Typ3 as well because the type 3 textures were surely overwritten by the exnem textures,

Also, make sure when you reinstall Roberts, that you're installing all of the bodies and textures for raiders, males, and ghouls.

Edited by myrmaad

First, you just can't slap a texture for a different body on to another body mesh.

I know. And I'm not. At least I thought so, that texture clashing leads be to believe otherwise. Though why the hell it chooses to do it only on raiders is beyond me. Wouldn't deleting all of the raider skins from those mods cause the game to use the vanilla textures ? Why is just pink ?

Also, make sure when you reinstall Roberts, that you're installing all of the bodies and textures for raiders, males, and ghouls.

I've installed, and reinstalled Robert's bodies more than once now. I can try again.

Well, let's re-think the solution then. (The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a new/different result.)

Have you tried using the FOMM archive invalidation button?

Well, let's re-think the solution then. (The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over expecting a new/different result.)

Heh. Of course that wasen't the only thing I was doing. As I've said, I've been disabling and starting the game to see if any of the other mods are causing it. Also been searching and trying to root out any raider textures.

Yep. Didn't work. Trying to install only Breeze's males atm. I deleted everything to do with Robert's mod.

Heh. Of course that wasen't the only thing I was doing. As I've said, I've been disabling and starting the game to see if any of the other mods are causing it. Also been searching and trying to root out any raider textures.

Yep. Didn't work. Trying to install only Breeze's males atm. I deleted everything to do with Robert's mod.

hmmm. Breezes is compatible with Roberts. I installed Roberts first and Breezes over.

Yeah that's what it says. Maybe it's something to do with my ArchiveInvalidation thing ?

You mean to say maybe it isn't working. I think it has two settings if you're using the FOMM one. I have used that one but I think I also downloaded the separate archive invalidation invalidated mod by Qarn, so I'm not sure I needed to use FOMM's.