ammo based dmg rebalance

necropasia

Not really. The question is WHY does it have twice the spread, other than "that's the way the programers wanted it". If there's no viable reason, then there's no reason to search for another variable to add to the spread formula. Similar barrel length, caliber, and basic design would create a similar spread pattern. Only two other things would effect the spread enough to mention. One is the barrels rifling, more turns = straighter trajectory, which would be practically impossible to account for without adding a new variable to the weapons files themselves. And the other would be weight, which, while not being as much of a factor for pistols, is definitely something that should probably be added into the formula on account of rifles. More weight means significantly less kick, and therefore greatly reduced bullet spread.

The Mauser C96 (Chinese Pistol/Shansi Type 17) is an old design, so I assume that the N99 (10mm Pistol) would be superior in most ways, despite the Mauser design being good for its time. I've never shot a C96, but I have handled one, and the owner said that it has some jamming issues. This could be limited to that particular pistol, however. He never talked about accuracy. :/

I've had a hectic few days, and I'm going to take the next few easy, so I won't be getting around to much modding for a little while.