Some MASSIVE issues with Patch 1.03

DarkeWolf

Yeah, that load time can get to be murder for me too. But from what I was reading about the problems that some are having, to me it wouldnt be an even trade off.

Im glad to hear tho that somebody didnt have issues rise from it :)

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd just like to state that you can set Steam games to not auto update.

Just right click on the game in your "Games" steam tab, select Properties, "Updates" tab, and change the drop box to "Do not automatically update this game"

As for the new patch, can anyone confirm any specific major mods that it "breaks?" I use just about all of them.

I may try installing it later tonight and testing everything out, even if it means I'll need to do a re-install of everything later to get it back to v1.02 if it break all my mods and dlc.

I'll perhaps create a topic stating any problems I had for you all to see at that point.

I went ahead and updated to v1.03, and I haven't had any problems with it at all. All DLC is working, and as far as I can tell, all my mods are too.

Some mods I'm using just to name a few:

-Improved Atmosphere

-Black Templars Armor

-Curvaceous Attire

-Dragon Age Redesigned Version v6.5

-Forced Deathblows

-Extra Dog Slot

-Lock Bash

-Advanced Tactics v3.0b

I did use DAModder to backup all my mods/settings/saves before I installed the mod just to be safe, but the patch seems to work legit.

I'll note that I have the RTM DOA, and not the Steam. And I dl'd the patch from fileplanet.com.

I had never experienced any of the bugs that were fixed except for the slow loading, and that only happened once, so I can't comment on the "fixes".

Hope that gives encouragement to some of you.

If I find anything weird as I play more in detail since the patch, I'll let you all know.

-SubGum

I updated to v1.03 yesterday, everything was fine, games loading properly (and quickly :thumbsup: ), mods working fine, characters all fine, didn't go to any DLC places but I should imagine they would've been fine as well.

Did notice the one glitch that keeps the damage score the same when you disarm your weapons and you have to leave/go to Character screen to fix it, but that was nothing.

THEN.......

Everytime I would load the game, it would eventually (approx 5-20 mins) start to lag REALLY bad, as if the FPS had dropped or something!?

Luckily I backed up everything in case I need to reinstall to v1.02, which I did. Been perfect since then, minus the slightly long load time that RARELY occurs.

Is this patch necessary for Awakening? And if so, would it work as well as for Awakening as patch 1.02 does for Origins?

the patch updates the game to some of the newer screens used in Awakenings. Its intended more to transition Origins in prep for the new expansion, more than it is to really fix anything.

So will Awakening be ready as is when I buy it, or do you think it will need this patch?

It will probably include the v1.03 patch in its installation. So yes, i'm guessing that it needs it.

EDIT: I should be getting Awakening in the next few days, maybe today, so I'll try and confirm this for you when I do.

It will probably include the v1.03 patch in its installation. So yes, i'm guessing that it needs it.

EDIT: I should be getting Awakening in the next few days, maybe today, so I'll try and confirm this for you when I do.

Me too, I'm getting as soon as it comes out on Friday :biggrin: