Some MASSIVE issues with Patch 1.03

DarkeWolf

Bought the game but not re-installing it? Doesn't matter.... EA already has your money, and is telling Bioware to not waste time on patches...

I won't be buying Awakening or installing 1.03... until a patc 1.0x comes out and fixes more than it breaks, at least on par with 1.02a... or until enough mod fixes come out to fix everything in Awakening to my satisfaction...

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What I mean is, I'm going to re-install to get out of patch 1.03 and just stick with 1.02.

I just came across an issue with that.

Some of the mods that I'd installed, I had to downgrade to a previous version of, after uninstalling and going back to patch 1.02.

These are the mods I had to downgrade.

All Can Learn. Installed the latest version and it blocked several of my mods, and comepletely blocked out combat sound effects. Had to revert all the way back to version 3_4 to get it working correctly.

Equal Love may or may not be working correctly, having a hard time getting morrigan's first kiss on my new (femme) character.

these were mods that somehow got misplaced on my harddrive after I installed them, so I had to DL them again. Some of them had been updated since I had originally installed, and the newer versions werent completely compatible with just 1.02.

Update on testing of 1.02 -> 1.03 changes/bugs.

The only progress I've been able to make this week (other commitments, and all that) is negative. I ran right into a "Doh!" (palm smacks forehead) event. After finally getting DA:O to install *and* start in a VM environment, I was presented with what should have been an obvious "No way around that!" obstacle.

No matter how much horsepower in the host system (CPU, GPU, whatever...) MS V-PC operates with an S3 Trio emulated video card at 8MB (possibly hackable to give 16MB) of VRAM. Can you say "underpowered"? DA:O does try to start, then just halts with an "unsupported video card" error message.

So it's back to full un-install/re-install on the "real" box. I'm at 1.02 again, and will attempt to get a listing of the files that are changed by 1.03 over the weekend. If anyone know specific folders that can be ignored when evaluating the changes, please let me know.

Will provide more when there's someting to report.

I havent tried this, because like I said before, I have enough issues trying to run the game for long periods of time as it is. However, there's a program called Sandboxie that MIGHT work. It basically isolates the programs set to run in it, into a virtual partition. similar to a vm. http://www.sandboxie.com/

As promised, I've created a listing of the files that changed when patching from 1.02a to 1.03.

It's sorted by date with newest files first, and (in the ".doc") files changed since 2009-12-09 are underlined to make them easy to spot.

I've attached the listing here,

Raw Text File:

Annotated ".doc":

And it's also posted in the "Projects" section at the Bioware Social Network site.

url: http://social.bioware.com/project/2479

Title: "Changed File List (1.02 - 1.03)"

As one might expect, the vast majority of the changes were to ".rim" files found in

"Dragon Age\modules\single player\data".

Not sure if this will help anyone make headway with the CtD (or other) issues, but it might!