Some MASSIVE issues with Patch 1.03

DarkeWolf

ChaosBlade (why the "02"?);

The load-time lag that many of us (myself included) had with 1.02 is exactly as you describe it now (and by DarkeWolfe, above.) In my case, 1.03 did clear that up tremendously, but at the cost of almost incessant Crash-to-Desktop (CtD) errors whenever significant on-screen effects (mostly "magical") were triggered. I also encountered the crash when transitioning to a new area if "autosave" were triggered.

The "Fallout3" solution to edit the .exe header has been a real gift!

Since you have the lag, but not the CtD, might I suggest a complete un-install/re-install (after backing up your saves/chars folder, of course) then patching directly to 1.03, skipping 1.01a/1.02 all together.

Also, I'm curious. You're running 1.03 but have NOT had the Broken Pickpocketing problem? Most of us see the "success" message and receive plot items or coinage that results, but any *other* items don't seem to appear in the inventory. Used to be able to acquire some quite valuable equipment that way...

Let us know what/how you do.

Thanks!

I have used the pickpocket and would then check my inventory to see what new item was added which would be highlighted in yellow, and yes the pickpocketing seems to work fine as far as I can tell. Most items are junk that I have stolen, usually something like a potion or a liferock, etc.

The game has crashed on me a few times, most of the time at the start of a fight, but sometimes after a spell, I know group heal crashed my game twice. Also remember a couple times where it looked like it was getting ready to do an autosave then it crashed, all of the autosave crashes were in the deep roads.

Oh and the 02 behind my name, I use this name for other things like MMO accounts and stuff that way I don't forget my login and password as easily. First time I came up with this name there must have been 10000 other people named Chaosblade, which is why I put the 02 behind my name.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

sorry to confuse you there Chaosblade. Like Thandal said, its another program that is used to mod stuff in the game. But it has a lot of the same flaws as the game does.

Should also mention that the fallout 3 mod only works if you've got more than 3 gigs of ram in your computer. sucks, mine doesn't, lol.

sorry to confuse you there Chaosblade. Like Thandal said, its another program that is used to mod stuff in the game. But it has a lot of the same flaws as the game does.

Should also mention that the fallout 3 mod only works if you've got more than 3 gigs of ram in your computer. sucks, mine doesn't, lol.

How are you able to play DAO with less than 3 gigs of ram? Does that get you 5 minutes of play time before you have to restart?

I've also heard that BW is making some revisions to the Core. For DA2. Hinting at it being for improved graphics. tho hopefully they will try to patch that damned memory leak while they are at it!

• 3 weeks later...

"News of the hour! Bioware acknowledges problems with 1.03 patch. Claims to be working to fix. Lord Behlen still a bad, bad man."

A Bioware staffer, Nathan Willis, posted to the BW DA forum site that they are "aware of the problems", etc. Post can be found on page 43 of the "Bugs with 1.03 patch" at: http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/topic/58/index/1633999

And he had the courtesy to thank the "community" for trying to find and publicize possible solutions for fellow players.

My frustration clock just got re-set to begin tracking "time-since-acknowledgement", (it had already gone through waaaaay too many cycles tracking "time-since-first-experienced-and-reported-problem".

@Thandal I love the reply you gave. For now, I have uninstalled the game and am taking a break from it, waiting for the patches to be fixed, so seeing one of the devs getting a small amount of the flak they deserve made my night.

• 3 weeks later...