Helmet POV

schlangster

Ugh.

It needs FOSE to run, which needs me to patch my game, which I can't be bothered to do.

Since I can't get the stupid NVIDIA exporter to stop generating it as a normal map, here is the color map and alpha map.

Color

Alpha

I like the dirt/stains in this one. Overlay and dirt masks use separate textures. The current dirt texture Im using to show deteriorating helmet condition is a little pixelated/blocky, so if you wanted to create a better one it would be nice.

(1280x800, just dirt/stains so it can be used for any helmet).

Also, it's very obvious that you used Photoshop's texturizer filter with the brick texture to make up your overlay's screen.

Brick wall filter??? Who would do such a thing :D I know it's quite obvious, but it simply was the first overlay I had created and I was happy to get at least a decend looking base shape. As I said this one is currently the "best" one I was able to create so far (no brick wall there anymore).

In the final version helmets will already have pre-assigned default configurations, but since Im still adding features it doesnt make much sense to do that yet.

They will be applied by default. But you can change them.

Disabling customization means that you can't select any features for any mod added items unless there's patch. Do i want to create 1 million patches? No. Do users want to install/search them? No.

If this was just a misunderstanding, I repeat: There will be reasonable default settings for all vanilla items. And for everything else, you can select them yourself.

In the final version helmets will already have pre-assigned default configurations, but since Im still adding features it doesnt make much sense to do that yet.

They will be applied by default. But you can change them.

Disabling customization means that you can't select any features for any mod added items unless there's patch. Do i want to create 1 million patches? No. Do users want to install/search them? No.

If this was just a misunderstanding, I repeat: There will be reasonable default settings for all vanilla items. And for everything else, you can select them yourself.

Okay cool.

• 1 year later...

One of the most amazing mods I discovered for Fallout3 on my second playthrough (first was un-modded); it could be wonderful if helmets already have some sort of default visual, though, even with the customization menu...is it possible that this feature will be implemented? :P

Trying to create some new visuals in the meantime...