Unique Iron Armor set request

draevan13

I was looking for an iron armor mod to make a unique set for my character (not to replace all Iron armor sets, just one I can use) and found "Iron Armor Retexture" by Spc- Savant, which looked good... but then I installed it and found the boots and helmet weren't modded and are the same dark gray as before, while the cuirass, gauntlets and greaves are a much brighter gray, almost silver.

I know this sounds picky, but I'd request a mod similar to that one, which replaces the cloth textures with chainmail textures, and has the entire set the same color. I'd even be content with the same vanilla dark gray color, so long as the pieces aren't so different.

I tried modding the colors myself in the contruction set but wasn't able to, and also failed using GIMP to recolor the nif files (couldn't find them anywhere).

export the normal maps from the textures archive and replace the current mods normal map textures with them

its the textures with the _n at the end

about creating new normal maps

-if you want boots and helmet shinny

open them with gimp(not the normals the other)

go to filters-map-normalimap(you have to have the normal map plugin installed)

in the new window set

filter = 4 sample ,Mz = 0 ,scale = 4 ,Hs =Average RGB ,Alpha=unchanged ,none,none

options = Wrap

--- for a more proper normal map like vanilla ones(almost)

1.open the dds texture with gimp
go to layer-erase chanel alpha (if it excist)

go to layer-add chanel alpha
go to layer -colour to alpha

the box From will be white -change it to black -ok

go to filters-map-normalimap

filter = 4 sample ,Mz = 0 ,scale = 1 (or bigger untill 4-5 for 3d effect),Hs =Average RGB ,Alpha=unchanged ,none,none

options = Wrap

optional (smoothing)

double click the eraser

in the first column where it has 100 value make it 75

make the eraser bigger and paint it all onetime (not again and again)

when you export put the _n.dds at the end ,also dxt5 ,generate mipmaps

- sorry my interface of gimp is not in english and i cant give a proper translation

you have to have the gimp dds plugin installed

Edited by kastano

I tried that, problem is I can't seem to find any of the .NIF files anywhere on my computer. According to the Construction Set, they're in "Computer-Windows (C:)-Program Files (x86)-Steam-SteamApps-common-Oblivion-Data-Meshes-Armor" but when I go there, I only find 6 files: DarkSeducer, Dwarven, GoldenSaint, Madness, NDArmorStatic and NDPelinal. No "Armor" file. None contain "Armor\Iron\M\Greaves.nif" or any of the files.

I even tried a search on the entire (C:) drive and found nothing.

Edited by draevan13

the meshes (of the mod) (nifs)must be in oblivion-data- meshes- armor- iron retex - f or m folder (but you dont need them)

the textures (of the mod) (dds)must be in oblivion- data-textures-iron-f or m (you must place the new dds files here)

the original meshes and textures are in compressed bsa files inside data folder

if the bsa doesnt open with double click download oblivion mod manager

http://www.nexusmods.com/oblivion/mods/2097/?