Searching for a mod

DarkDragonFox

I'm searching for a mod that removes the NPCs from Oblivion, for I thought it would be kind of interesting to run around Cyrodiil without anyone else around, and be free to raid houses and such without the guards chasing you. I've searched high and low but can't seem to find one which makes me believe one doesn't exist. I don't doubt that modders are highly capable of such a mod, but it may be a bit more complex then just disabling the characters. If anyone knows anything about such a mod I would like to hear it. And no, I am not a modder so I can't do it myself. I have a lot of ideas for mods but fear that I would butcher them if I tried to mod.

Go to the "Important Topics" section at the top of this forum's homepage. There are several sections like Mod Detectives and the Mod Lists that might help you. I've seen many mods and tutorials on adding NPCs, but not any that take them out. There is the console command, but that would take one hell of a long time to get rid of everyone! I guess you could always go on a killing rampage and then disable all the corpses :unsure: lol!

But seriously, check out that section of stickied and pinned articles. I bet someone can point you in the right direction. If not there is also the articles section-- http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/

as well as the "Advanced Search" section of the Files area of Nexus.

Good luck to ya! :)

Go to the "Important Topics" section at the top of this forum's homepage. There are several sections like Mod Detectives and the Mod Lists that might help you. I've seen many mods and tutorials on adding NPCs, but not any that take them out. There is the console command, but that would take one hell of a long time to get rid of everyone! I guess you could always go on a killing rampage and then disable all the corpses :unsure: lol!

But seriously, check out that section of stickied and pinned articles. I bet someone can point you in the right direction. If not there is also the articles section-- http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/

as well as the "Advanced Search" section of the Files area of Nexus.

Good luck to ya! :)

Thanks for the advice! I do know that there is a "disable" command, unfortunately using the "refID.command" combo doesn't work with the Disable, otherwise the easy way out would be to use a .txt file and a "bat disable.txt" command to get it all in one shot. Anyway, since to my knowledge there is no Map Viewer for Oblivion like there is WoW, for cinematic shots of the cities with no NPCs, disabling would be the only way to get the same kind or results. I'll keep looking and checking forums, I am sure someone has tried it or is attempting it.

Well you could set your actor view distance really small so that NPCs don't appear unless they're really close to you.

It would be fairly simple to write a script to automatically disables all nearby NPCs (if you're using OBSE). I could write it for you if you really want it.

EDIT: I think disabling NPCs might really mess with some quests and make the game unstable. How about just making all the NPCs invisible instead?

Well you could set your actor view distance really small so that NPCs don't appear unless they're really close to you.

It would be fairly simple to write a script to automatically disables all nearby NPCs (if you're using OBSE). I could write it for you if you really want it.

EDIT: I think disabling NPCs might really mess with some quests and make the game unstable. How about just making all the NPCs invisible instead?

Yeah I do have OBSE, and making them invisible would be fine and all, but the data I made isn't really for anything other then testing things, taking screens, and recording, so it wouldn't matter if it messed up any quests or anything since it would only be active during the times I am on that one. So either way if you are williing to do so, unstable or not, I would be extremely grateful. If it is a disable all script, it will be one of those "use at your own risk" kind of deals. If the game freaks out or something in the long run, I've got it all backed up on a storage unit just in case.