How do I add more Sanctuary Dark Guardians for the Dark Brotherhood?

tawney

It irritates me how there is only one stalking around in the lobby... I tried adding a "DarkGuardianSanctuary" from the list of "creatures" in the TES Construction Set. Which I believe is the file name of the first guardian, but the one I added was hostile. Is there any way to change it so it isn't hostile to me or any of my CM Partners? I didn't do anything to it except add it in the lobby. So I probably need to edit it right? When I opened the Reference box on it I noticed a tab saying Ownership. Do I need to set the ownership to the Dark Brotherhood faction? I don't even know what that does since I've never edited a creature so far. :unsure:

My modding experience is zero, other than opening the CS and deciding I wanted to play more than I wanted to create that night, lol

BUT, I do know that there are lots of good articles and threads on things like this here on the site. Go to this link:

http://www.tesnexus.com/articles/

You can search for an article or find older threads that may deal with your particular problem. From what I've read over the time I've been here, my guess is that you DO need to set your created character's faction/ownership. I think that you can also do this thru a console command, but that may be only for already in game NPCs as opposed to added ones. I think you're on the right track though with setting ownership and faction association. Hopefully the articles can get you where you need to be.

Hope that helps and Good luck! :thumbsup:

It irritates me how there is only one stalking around in the lobby... I tried adding a "DarkGuardianSanctuary" from the list of "creatures" in the TES Construction Set. Which I believe is the file name of the first guardian, but the one I added was hostile. Is there any way to change it so it isn't hostile to me or any of my CM Partners? I didn't do anything to it except add it in the lobby. So I probably need to edit it right? When I opened the Reference box on it I noticed a tab saying Ownership. Do I need to set the ownership to the Dark Brotherhood faction? I don't even know what that does since I've never edited a creature so far. :unsure:

One thing you can do is create a new Dark Guardian and a new Faction that's friendly with the PlayerFaction, add the new faction to your new guardian and put as many of the new guardians as you want in the Sanctuary.

If it was hostile toward you then you need to add it to your faction so open up the factions menu next to inventory then go to the faction menu under characters and scroll down till you find player faction and drop it into the actors faction box As long as your cm is in the player faction it should be fine