ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Automatic Looter

Draco856

I'm getting tired of picking up hundreds of items just to have my game crash then have to do it all over again, so an item that will loot things for me when used would be great. It should only pick up things that are loose, out of containers.

While looting I'd often think the same thing, and the mod that always comes to mind is Oblivion's Gather Ye Rosebuds. Cast a spell and all flora within a certain radius was gathered up and put in your inventory. But most of the Oblivion ones were spells, which we can't do in Fallout. I don't know how a mod like that could be adapted to use here.

Would be good, though :smile:

Well, I could think like an item that when used would release a small robot that would gather everything up and bring it to you. It could be implemented as a perk or crafted item that requires near or at max science skill

• 2 weeks later...

I've been looking for such a mod since I first started playing, since I'm the type that can't leave anything behind ;)

I think a robot/companion with options to loot; corpses / chems / ammo / weapons / armour / everything (containers, clutter, corpses). Also would be interesting if that companion would change what it had equiped after finding a better suit of armour, or a weapon that was more powerful.

I always hated sending dogmeat to find chems, ammo, etc, then having to repeatedly tell him to go and find more. I wish I could just send him on chem duty while I was busy fighting since Dogmeat likes to die.

That could also work. I always thought Dogmeat should have a constant "find" thing when you tell him to look for items. The only problem with it I can see is doing it outside where he could go off for miles just finding things to bring back, then theres the problem of how he manages to get all this stuff back to you, I don't think he can swallow a suit of power armor, so he'd need something or someone with arms to load up some sort of pack on his back. But you have to remember, he's still a dog, so he can't carry that much, so a pack brahmin might work for that role better.