Grrrs, frustrated. Python/PyFFI 2.1.3 set up error message.

Pineapplerum

"BLENDER'S USER DATA FILES DO NOT RESIDE IN BLENDERS INSTALLATION DIRECTORY. BLENDER WILL SOMETIMES ONLY FIND IT'S SCRIPTS IF BLENDERS USER FILES RESIDE IN BLENDERS INSTALLATION DIRECTORY."

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've installed, uninstalled, installed and uninstalled everything. I've tried different versions but I cannot get past this stupid error message. What does it mean? What am I doing wrong? How can I get past this?

Thank you,

Pineapple

When I installed Blender it gave me the same message and asked if you want to install it to a different folder. You should be able to continue the installation by ansvering yes or no even if you get that message. I don't exactly remember the message. If this doesn't help could you tell the whole message

"BLENDER'S USER DATA FILES DO NOT RESIDE IN BLENDERS INSTALLATION DIRECTORY. BLENDER WILL SOMETIMES ONLY FIND IT'S SCRIPTS IF BLENDERS USER FILES RESIDE IN BLENDERS INSTALLATION DIRECTORY."

I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I've installed, uninstalled, installed and uninstalled everything. I've tried different versions but I cannot get past this stupid error message. What does it mean? What am I doing wrong? How can I get past this?

Thank you,

Pineapple

When I installed Blender it gave me the same message and asked if you want to install it to a different folder. You should be able to continue the installation by ansvering yes or no even if you get that message. I don't exactly remember the message. If this doesn't help could you tell the whole message

Thank you,

Pineapple

Thanks Mccrab. I think it had something to do with installing it to the "all users" instead of just my own files. After I chose to install in just my own files, the message went away. Yay!:biggrin: