Oblivion Keeps Crashing. Please Help.

ashleyclark

I purchased Oblivion today, put in a few mods through NMM. I could not get TesEdit to work and played anyway. Everything was fine, and got past character creation, and saved the game, and then exited out. Posted a thread to find out how to get Tes to work, and was helped out and got it working. Cleaned the necessary files, had them in the right order with LOOT 6.0.

Now, everytime I go to play, it crashes and there a partial black screen with the desktop showing on the right side that says Oblivion has stopped working. This is not a CTD. I lose the mouse pointer, and have to actually shut the pc completely down and re-start the pc. I have un-installed the game twice and re-installed it, de-activated all the mods in NMM, and it still does it with no mods. I have just un-installed the game again, there are no mods, no nothing, and that is where I stand.

Tomorrow I intend to re-install the game, but I do not want to spend another day with this mess without help. I am not all that tech savvy, and do not understand a lot of technical terms, even though I have played Skyrim with mods.

If someone out there can help me out I would be grateful. I do not know what it is I am doing wrong. The game I purchased has all the dlc on it and I just rather play it on the pc instead of the xbox. Because I have already un-installed the game, tomorrow I will post a list of the mod order after I re-install them. There are about 26/28 of them.

Please advise.

Ashley

First thing to try. In your "My Documents" folder is "My Games / Oblivion". in there is Oblivion.ini. Rename that file to oblivion.ini.old, and then restart Oblivion, including your graphics setup. Might help as that file can get corrupted.

Also, make sure you have Fastexit 2 installed, and the Oblivion Unofficial Patches.

Thirdly, check you don't have a missing master files someplace - it MIGHT be related.

First thing to try. In your "My Documents" folder is "My Games / Oblivion". in there is Oblivion.ini. Rename that file to oblivion.ini.old, and then restart Oblivion, including your graphics setup. Might help as that file can get corrupted.

Also, make sure you have Fastexit 2 installed, and the Oblivion Unofficial Patches.

Thirdly, check you don't have a missing master files someplace - it MIGHT be related.

Thank you. I tried it and it worked. Now, when ever I try to play it on the tv screen, it crashes. I have a high def hdmi cord I use and for some reason I cannot play it on the tv screen. I can play it on the pc monitor, but not the tv screen.