A question for moderators and vigilantes

DariusMoranda

Ok,I have an idea for a quick mod

I'd call it '10 most wanted criminals of Tamriel'

What bothers me,is,that I don't want to insult anyone or to dig up someones bad memories,even.Because,I'd make this guys real nasty with some nasty background stories via notes in their inventory,like psychiatric reports,charges they had,and for what reasons,etc.When I say nasty,I mean NASTY,for real.Nasty as Critical Bill from 'Things to do in Denver when you're dead', Kevin Spacey in 'Seven' or even Ralph Ciphareto from 'Soprano's'.

So,I don't want to get reported or anything,if someone who maybe faced some similar individuals in reality feels offended by the mod content.Since is will be a companion mod for devious characters,it's really not a big thing,but I'd like to hear is it a yes or no.

Thank you for reading. :)

Mr. Moranda

Actually, it sounds pretty intriguing. The reality is even if you make something disney-esque, full of love and light, SOMEone will not like it. Unless your mod clearly goes against the Nexus file upload TOS, I don't know why it wouldn't be ok to create it. You could always add a disclaimer like they do on the movies. You know...."all characters in this film are fiction, not related or meant to impersonate any persons living or dead..." :tongue:

Even some of the existing quests in vanilla oblivion have some disturbing and disturbed folks/incidents depicted. The only thing I've seen protested here on a large scale was something to do with a mod dealing with children. So I'd definitely and rightly so, leave references to any child violence or child sexual content out.

You should peruse the existing mods. There are some pretty wild things out there already, so your idea doesn't sound outlandish or that bad.

I hope the site mods/admin weigh in on it. I'd be interested in seeing your finished product as well. Good luck with it!

Actually, it sounds pretty intriguing. The reality is even if you make something disney-esque, full of love and light, SOMEone will not like it. Unless your mod clearly goes against the Nexus file upload TOS, I don't know why it wouldn't be ok to create it. You could always add a disclaimer like they do on the movies. You know...."all characters in this film are fiction, not related or meant to impersonate any persons living or dead..." :tongue:

Even some of the existing quests in vanilla oblivion have some disturbing and disturbed folks/incidents depicted. The only thing I've seen protested here on a large scale was something to do with a mod dealing with children. So I'd definitely and rightly so, leave references to any child violence or child sexual content out.

You should peruse the existing mods. There are some pretty wild things out there already, so your idea doesn't sound outlandish or that bad.

I hope the site mods/admin weigh in on it. I'd be interested in seeing your finished product as well. Good luck with it!

Ok,I'm gonna do it! :biggrin:

Since you 2 guys first responded to this,I would be more then happy if you to be the one who test it first.I'll do it tonight,and it will be done in no time.Thanks for the support! :thumbsup:

I'd like to see it, so I say do it! :thumbsup: It sounds like it would compliment my psycho character, Sir Killsalot, perfectly.

Sir Killsalot looks like a perspective leader of this gang made of psychotic maniacs.I'll be more then happy to make him some company,so,I will do it! :biggrin:

I have friends who are survivors of various kinds of assaults - one of the terms they frequently use is 'trigger' - as in, the 'x news story may be a trigger for people who have been raped" or 'hearing about so and so triggered . . ."

So - if you state in your description that its contents may be a trigger for people - those who have reason to avoid such material will get the picture.

I have friends who are survivors of various kinds of assaults - one of the terms they frequently use is 'trigger' - as in, the 'x news story may be a trigger for people who have been raped" or 'hearing about so and so triggered . . ."

So - if you state in your description that its contents may be a trigger for people - those who have reason to avoid such material will get the picture.

Yes,that's what concerns me,I don't want to trigger someone's bad memories or such,that is not my goal.

This mod is dedicated to the people who play as evil characters,I myself is not,neither do I find these kind of things entertaining in reality of course,but,going through the search box,I gathered that people usually likes dark themed mods,so I decided to do something based on that.It really isn't a big thing,since it is just a companion mod,but these 'people' has notes in their inventory which describes them in a very detailed way.Some parts of these stories are meant to be funny,but some are very serious.

I hate how companion mods usually doesn't have any backup stories,so,you get the picture.I was inspired for this mod by various villains,such as 'Stansfield' from the movie 'Professional' 'Hannibal Lector' ,Malcolm McDowell from 'Clockwork Orange',if you seen it,then you know that they didn't saved on no one,neither did I in these 'prisoner files' from this mod.

Thanks for the advice,brother. :thumbsup:

I will post a warning in the description,for sure.

I still need an answer from one of the moderators,though,I don't want to be crusified for this,even it is just fictional stories,not serious fantasies or any kind of real illness.

Yes,that's what concerns me,I don't want to trigger someone's bad memories or such,that is not my goal.

This mod is dedicated to the people who play as evil characters,I myself is not,neither do I find these kind of things entertaining in reality of course,but,going through the search box,I gathered that people usually likes dark themed mods,so I decided to do something based on that.It really isn't a big thing,since it is just a companion mod,but these 'people' has notes in their inventory which describes them in a very detailed way.Some parts of these stories are meant to be funny,but some are very serious.

I hate how companion mods usually doesn't have any backup stories,so,you get the picture.I was inspired for this mod by various villains,such as 'Stansfield' from the movie 'Professional' 'Hannibal Lector' ,Malcolm McDowell from 'Clockwork Orange',if you seen it,then you know that they didn't saved on no one,neither did I in these 'prisoner files' from this mod.

I still need an answer from one of the moderators,though,I don't want to be crusified for this,even it is just fictional stories,not serious fantasies or any kind of real illness.

Sure I'll test it for you.

I think WilmRoget's idea about posting a disclaimer of that sort is good. That's what I meant with the movie disclaimer example. But I still say, do remember that many mods and vanilla oblivion itself have many disturbing situations and people. There is a mod or two out there that depict bondage, sadomasochism, etc. One mod has women assaulted by an octopus like creature for cryin out loud!

Now, I can get on a soapbox quicker than anyone regarding rape and child molestation. Child molestation is a no no in any form, here or any other mod hosting forum. However, all the other dastardly things we humans do to each other don't seem to be. That doesn't make it right, or insure that a multitude of people will be for or against the mod.

One of the beauties of the board, is that if a mod has sexual or disturbing content, the modder can place that in the description right at the top, then folks have the CHOICE to view/download or not. So I still think you'll be ok. If you really want to get a positive nod from the moderators/admin, then pm one of them. They are really good about getting back to you on questions like that.

If you make it, just let me know when it's done and I'll download and test. I do think it's very admirable of you to be concerned about how your mod will affect others. :thumbsup:

Sure I'll test it for you.

I think WilmRoget's idea about posting a disclaimer of that sort is good. That's what I meant with the movie disclaimer example. But I still say, do remember that many mods and vanilla oblivion itself have many disturbing situations and people. There is a mod or two out there that depict bondage, sadomasochism, etc. One mod has women assaulted by an octopus like creature for cryin out loud!

Now, I can get on a soapbox quicker than anyone regarding rape and child molestation. Child molestation is a no no in any form, here or any other mod hosting forum. However, all the other dastardly things we humans do to each other don't seem to be. That doesn't make it right, or insure that a multitude of people will be for or against the mod.

One of the beauties of the board, is that if a mod has sexual or disturbing content, the modder can place that in the description right at the top, then folks have the CHOICE to view/download or not. So I still think you'll be ok. If you really want to get a positive nod from the moderators/admin, then pm one of them. They are really good about getting back to you on questions like that.

If you make it, just let me know when it's done and I'll download and test. I do think it's very admirable of you to be concerned about how your mod will affect others. :thumbsup:

Thanks,brother! :D

It'll be done by the next evening,as I have only one character to finish and to add him a 'prisoner file'.I tweaked the other 9 as much as I could,I placed many items in their inventories to match their characters and I added them lore-fitting armors and outfits,all enchanted,many,many goodies they have. :)They are ruthless,they are merciless,they are aggressive,and they don't care.Perfect for the evil characters around here.

And,of course no child molest is involved,I have 9 cousin-sisters and on half sister,all underage,I love children,and I am not like that at all.

Though,there is a slight problem.One of my characters IS a convicted sex criminal.I tried to make them different from each other,so,every one of them is a criminal of a specific kind.So,for example,one is a serial torturer,one is a necromancer necrophiliac,the other is a barbaric warlord always up for mutilation of the dead ones,one is a cold-blooded killer merc type,I have one head-chopping tribe leader,a deadra worshiping wizard,and at the end,yes,I made one who is a perverted sexual predator.I didn't made him to look serious in his 'story' though.I wrote his 'file' as a brute-comedy style like in Tarantino's movies.I wonder if that could be a problem...

Anyways,thanks again,I will inform you about the mod end as soon as possible,so you can see it,and to give me some advice,what's good and what's not good. :thumbsup: