About importing equipment meshes

redrezo

Please forgive me if I sound stupid, but I'm in need of helpful information because I'm new at all of this and this is my first time here and i'm still in the process of learning 3d modeling (and dealing with mods in general).

edit** : I found more information on the bioware social page, it turns out it is possible but difficult to do.

I've been able to import a random model *.fbx using DATool in to my 3dsmax 2010 x64, I don't really ahve to many issues and everything seems okay until I try to render the model, then it asks for the *.dds files because they're missing.

I figured out the solution to that and added a link a path to the dds files, but when I attempt to render the model none of the texture maps show. Is this normal or something?

I figured out the solution to that and added a link a path to the dds files, but when I attempt to render the model none of the texture maps show. Is this normal or something?

Does the model shows blank? or nothing shows at all? because when I import an FBX model through the tools, the mesh comes linked to the root object and somehow, it makes the mesh not renderable. If I want it to appear in the render, I unlink the mesh from the root by selecting the mesh and pressing the unlink selection button. wich at least in max 2009 was like a broken chain...

Please forgive me if I sound stupid, but I'm in need of helpful information because I'm new at all of this and this is my first time here and i'm still in the process of learning 3d modeling (and dealing with mods in general).

edit** : I found more information on the bioware social page, it turns out it is possible but difficult to do.

I've been able to import a random model *.fbx using DATool in to my 3dsmax 2010 x64, I don't really ahve to many issues and everything seems okay until I try to render the model, then it asks for the *.dds files because they're missing.

yes you are right, although I think that just highlights my complete lack of knowledge, I probalbly need to go through all the tutorials before I attempt anything too complicated.

haha don't worry, we all learnt from scratch... or at least I did.

Once you get the hang of 3dmax, I recommend you to try this tutorial: [TUTORIAL] How to add custom model to Toolset and the Game that was the first thing I did. it took me a while but I succeded in the end. and another little piece of advice is that you backup your savegames... just in case...