Conjugal visit in Awakenings

Ambrya

Halfway through my first Awakenings play-through on my queen-consort, and I'm jonesing for my sweetie pie. Grrr, and to think I started out not WANTING to like Alistair...

Anyhoo, someone needs to come up with a conjugal visit mod, stat.

There doesn't even have to be any new voiceover acting. Alistair says he's going to deal with some trouble in the Bannorn, which doesn't appear to be far from Amaranthine on my map (likely why he decided to stop by Vigil's Keep to welcome the Wardens in the first place.)

Put a point in the map for Alistair's location in the Bannorn, and when you go there, start with a small cutscene with you walking up to a door in some unknown keep (or very sumptuous looking tent, as befitting a king) and the sentry using some recycled "Can I help you, Warden-Commander?" line from Awakenings, to which you reply, "I'm here to see the King." Sentry replies, "Yes, my Lady," or whatever title (Your Highness, etc) and bows.

You go through the door the sentry is guarding and Alistair is there. Recycle his, "Is there something you need?" line from Origins, to which you reply, "Shh. No words." <Kiss him>. <Cut to lovemaking scene.>

It may not be QUITE in the spirit of the urgency that's supposed to infuse Awakenings, but when a queen (or even a mistress) needs her lovin', she needs it now.

I suppose this notion could also be modified for the prince-consort visiting Anora, as well.

I can't make heads or tails of the toolset, or I'd try my hand at this myself. If someone wants to PM me and offer their services as a tutor and help walk me through it, I'd be glad to give it a go.

You could look at http://dragonagemodding.wordpress.com/2009/11/15/creating-a-custom-merchant-for-the-players-camp-part-1/ The page gives informations how to spawn a npc.

But I don't know if it is even possible to spawn Alistair in the Bannorn, due to that many files of the new expansion can't be edited. You will probably have to wait until Bioware releases a new version of the toolset (but I'm not sure about this except editing some gifts I haven't so far tried changing anything in Awakening)

indeed. While I dont want to sound as tho I don't care about this, right now, you can't access the level maps to create an area like this, in awakenings thru the toolset.

Somebody that knows how to do these things could make the dialog, could make the cutscenes, but right now...there just is no way to put those things into the expansion. Sorry :-(

Hmm, well...maybe if I can makes heads or tails of the tutorials (I swear, for someone who is usually pretty intuitive about using software, the modding tutorials might as well be in Sanskrit for all the sense they make to me) and/or find a modding "mentor," I can practice by making the dialogue and all the cutscene stuff, then by the time the toolset can be used with Awakening, most of it would be all ready to go. And at least then I could satiate my fangirl fixation a bit. (It's pathetic, I know.)

I also want to see if I can make some version of the Warden Commander's armor for light and medium armor-wearing classes (robe, leather, maybe even chainmail) and maybe create a tier 8/9 version that will actually import into Awakening (I know some will, but none of the rogue gear I tried would) so I need to figure out armor modding as well. I'd really like to see my Warden-Commander wearing the Warden-Commander gear, but I just can't bring myself to put her in heavy/massive armor.

I have lots of cool projects I would love to see done or even do myself, I just can't quite get it figured out.

I definitely know what you mean about having a lot of ideas that are being slow to be able to implement. There's quite a bit that I've started, and don't really have the skills or knowledge to be able to finish. Tho tbh, I was going to do a few "warden" style swords to compliment the runic armor, then found out that the authors beat me to it. And did a better job of it than my projects looked :D

I do agree that there needs to be warden style sets that are in the lower grades of armor such as leather, light, and heavy. I'd almost kill for a set of warden armor made from chainmail.

Right now tho, tier 8 and 9 armor is off limits to us as modders, unless we go the entire process of actually creating a new material for it (which has been beta'd over on social.bioware). Which would actually be better to do, since you could make the material lighter, so that it doesn't have such a horrendous str req. But you have to mess with the color, tints, and all that stuff, which is beyond me, right now.

My personal work-around is to make it out of a lesser material, for lesser req and stamina drain. And then throw some heavy, hefty boosts to items like rings, necklaces, and belts to compensate. This works out really well, since I can then change gearsets if I want to, and then not have to try to rebalance out the weapons and armor.

Say that you've got a chestpiece that has say.... 12.85 armor. Throw on a pair of rings that have +20 armor and you've got a better combo than a straight out dragonbone piece, with less str req.

52.85 vs 32-38.whatever DB is.

Now granted, I do most of this thru the Winter Forge mod. Which lets you do all these changes IN game. But doesnt allow you to add personal skins for the items, unless you go into toolcrap and make a specific item to use that skin. Tho, you CAN go into the forge, and mod an existing item, such as say.... Starfang.

ALSO- items that have been modified on the Winter Forge WILL transfer over to Awakening, regardless of whether they are DLC content, or not :woot:

So.... say that you wanted to take a suit of Warden Commander armor over to Vigil Keep with you. Throw the individual pieces of it onto the Forge, mod the heck out of them so they will be comparable with the gear in Awakening, and then keep them in your inventory when you move the character over.

http://www.dragonagenexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=122

• 2 weeks later...

*sigh* It seems as if everything we want done will have to wait until BW decides to update the toolkit.

This would be awesome to have - a nice break from the hack, kill, kill, kill(yes, I know that's what we're supposed to do in the game, but still).

@DarkeWolf - I completely agree on the need for lighter Warden wear. I usually play rogues and massive armor is not the way to go. I'd love a leather version - Dalish preferably, but beggars can't be choosers. ;)

hmmm. Well, I just looked at the texture file for the dalish armor. I can figure out what some parts of it are, lol.

and yeah, you're right. even if it has some pretty hefty stamina boosts, regens, and cost reductions, a thief, assassin, or bard just doesn't fit the "style" running around clinking and clanking around like a set of cans tied to the back of the bride and groom's wedding car.

It is no problem to create such a mod (I'm referring to the first post). I looked again at some Awakening files and made a new area in the first mission.

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/2360/screenshot2010033013280.jpg

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/2845/screenshot2010033013281.jpg

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/2558/screenshot2010033013284.jpg

So just look at some tutorials and then you should be able to spawn Alistair.

Edit:

Look at this thread http://thenexusforums.com/index.php?showtopic=190666. I posted some links there that might help you.

Thank you very much, hdhd. Perhaps once I'm a little more experienced playing with this stuff, I can undertake this project myself. As it is, it's taken me five days now just to put together a very rough, glitchy and incomplete 15-second cutscene, so I'm not ready yet.

As for the Warden Commander armor...yeah. For the life of me, I kept wanting my assassin rogue to LOOK like the Warden-Commander, and it just wasn't happening, and I sure as hell wasn't going to wear massive armor just to create the look (though I probably could have and it wouldn't have made the game too much more difficult; as it was, all she had to do was give the darkspawn a harsh glare and they would fall down dead.)