Virus scan reports now visible on file pages, more security incoming

Dark0ne

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dark0ne, i wonder if you tought one thing about these unfortunate events. What if, these sudden and harsh actions would on purpose, for something. Let me be clear, what if this attack done on purpose just force you, the admin staff, to integrate a "free" antivirus application to your sites? I know it's a conspiracy, and sounds a little wooshy, but i am curious and catious about these. Let me ask, is there anything stolen, changed or moved while this event? Or it was just an attack?

All my sincere regards.

MSFoxhound

Dark0ne, i wonder if you tought one thing about these unfortunate events. What if, these sudden and harsh actions would on purpose, for something. Let me be clear, what if this attack done on purpose just force you, the admin staff, to integrate a "free" antivirus application to your sites? I know it's a conspiracy, and sounds a little wooshy, but i am curious and catious about these. Let me ask, is there anything stolen, changed or moved while this event? Or it was just an attack?

All my sincere regards.

MSFoxhound

Nothing has been moved, stolen, or changed, other than the viruses that was uploaded, and quickly removed. It was one account that was compromised, nothing more. That account had access to uploading files to already submitted file pages, but no access to any internal parts of the Nexus.

If it was done on purpose to get us to use VirusTotal, then what did they gain from it? VirusTotal is a trusted tool, used by millions of people.

In response to post #16659214.

My point is my nose is sniffing a bad smell. My point for asking anything moved or stolen, is to clearify it was a blank attack, or a dummy attack. Well, on the other hand, they add their portfolio another big network. Edited by MSFoxhound

In response to post #16659214.

My point is my nose is sniffing a bad smell. My point for asking anything moved or stolen, is to clearify it was a blank attack, or a dummy attack. Well, on the other hand, they add their portfolio another big network.

Well, I wouldn't even call it an attack. One account was compromised, a few files were uploaded. That was it. Any kid with a computer, and some spare time could have done it.

@MSFoxhound - Most likely, a disgruntled former member just being a jerk. And showing evidence of just why they are a former member. Second most likely, someone trying to build or add to a zombie network to be used to send spam or for DDOS type attacks. There is nothing of monetary value on Nexus to steal. All financial stuff is done somewhere else and no financial info of any kind is kept on the Nexus sites. If you are looking for credit card numbers here you are wasting your time. :tongue:

Hey, this is a free to use website unless you choose to be a premium member (which if you can afford I recommend doing simply to support the community as its a one time fee) and is thee single most awesome modding site out there.

The extra 100 miles you guys constantly go is awesome and appreciated. The virus scan is simply one more great thing that you guys have done to benefit everyone who uses this site, again, at no cost to the users. I never see tons of thank you comments to the site itself, so this one is for nexus. Thank you.

Edited by RichardPellets

Hey you can save a bunch of pointless wasted time by disabling virus total's joke scanners like mcafee and norton. Should speed up the process by a huge amount and should have no change because those two don't really do anything.