How to get mods working in Awakening

hdhd

It's rather simple solution. You just have to replace in the addins.xml file ExtendedModuleUID="Single Player" with ExtendedModuleUID="DAO_PRC_EP_1" . It not only works with player-created add-ins (e.g No Helmet Hack) but also with Bioware add-ins (Band of Fire, Guildmaster's Belt etc.)

Screenshot:

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=2d7xaty&s=5

Credits to http://social.bioware.com/forum/Dragon-Age-Toolset/Toolset-General-Discussion/Plz-Sticky-To-All-Modders-Getting-Stuff-to-Work-in-Awakening-1773929-1.html

I have seen this fix around a few places and it seems to work BUT I cannot find the file I need to change. I bought the game off steam so it seems to put some files in odd places but I cannot find this addins.xml file, any help! I swear im not an idiot! lol.

What effect does this have on the non expansion DAO?

Changing the ExtendedModuleUID will make sure that you can't load the add-in in DAO anymore because now the extended module is Awakening. The ExtendedModuleUID just sets if you want to get the add-ins in Origins or Awakening working.

I have seen this fix around a few places and it seems to work BUT I cannot find the file I need to change. I bought the game off steam so it seems to put some files in odd places but I cannot find this addins.xml file, any help! I swear im not an idiot! lol.

You can find the file in My Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age\Settings\addins.xml.

Changing the ExtendedModuleUID will make sure that you can't load the add-in in DAO anymore because now the extended module is Awakening. The ExtendedModuleUID just sets if you want to get the add-ins in Origins or Awakening working.

So, if I were to copy and paste the relevant entry, and modify the ExtendedModuleUID on only the cloned entry, I presume that would permit me to have the No-Helmet hack work for both Origins and Awakening, correct? (I want no helmets, but I don't want to have to change the addins.xml every time I want to play the original campaign)

So, if I were to copy and paste the relevant entry, and modify the ExtendedModuleUID on only the cloned entry, I presume that would permit me to have the No-Helmet hack work for both Origins and Awakening, correct? (I want no helmets, but I don't want to have to change the addins.xml every time I want to play the original campaign)

That's what I did. Just copy the .xml file, then change the original to match up the expansion and make a copy of it then. Note one as "Single player" and one as "Expansion" and whenever you change, just delete the XML file, copy the relevant one, and rename it.

Hmm, that might be worth making a batch file for. :)

As an aside, does anyone have an idea what the State="" tag does in that .xml file? I've been having a look through and I tried changing the value (usually 2) to other numbers without any change.

What I did was just duplicate the entry for say no helmet hack in the same addin, but then changed the moduleid = single player to dao_prc_ep1, and now it works for both awakening and origins without replacing xmls or needing a batch script. Just be careful to copy the correct amount of lines, and make sure the </addinitem> lines are in the right place or else none of your addins will show up.

Hmm, that might be worth making a batch file for. :)

As an aside, does anyone have an idea what the State="" tag does in that .xml file? I've been having a look through and I tried changing the value (usually 2) to other numbers without any change.

What I did was just duplicate the entry for say no helmet hack in the same addin, but then changed the moduleid = single player to dao_prc_ep1, and now it works for both awakening and origins without replacing xmls or needing a batch script. Just be careful to copy the correct amount of lines, and make sure the </addinitem> lines are in the right place or else none of your addins will show up.

You mean just the one showing ownership, or the entire list of lines associated with it?