missing dialogue and other issues

apostolso21

I don't know if this topic has already been started but..

I have been trying to get past the intro's for all of the sections but at some scenes the dialogue just stops like the rest of the text is missing and they continuously get my gender mixed up when i play a guy it registers a girl and vise versa...... help?

Do you have any mods installed and if so which ones. Which Character races and genders are you having problems with and is this the first time you've played the game or have you returned to it in anticipation of DA:I??

Which product are you using ie. digital download, steam, origin, disc, ultimate etc etc etc...

I'll try to help you as much as I can but I need further details to be able to assist further.

no mods anymore i removed them after my 3rd attempt at reinstalling the game, all of the races and both of the genders. it is the first time i have tried playing it on the PC, i had it on the Xbox. it's DA ultimate edition that i got through steam

Never heard of this before, apostolso21. :ermm:

Something is obviously wrong with your install, and you say you've tried multiple times. And you also say you had it installed previously with mods and are trying to re-install it, so we know your rig can run the game. That leads one to suspect a mod (some get installed in places you don't expect) or a game-file corruption is causing this.

Soooo... Sounds like you need to do a complete uninstall:

• Write down your current product code/CD-Key (if you haven't got it saved somewhere already.)
  • Make a back-up copy of your "\<player's documents>\Bioware\Dragon Age" folder.
  • Uninstall the game itself.
  • Use "cclean", or some other registry utility afterwards to remove the traces that might get left behind.
  • Delete your current "\<player's documents>\Bioware\Dragon Age" folder.
    (Depending on the uninstall options you selected, this may already have been done.)

For the re-install, I would recommend that you DON'T try to reinstall the Steam version.

Your product code/CD-Key is valid for the EA/Origin install as well:

• Log-on to EA/Origin using the same EA account you used when you registered/activated your game.
    (NOTE: If you don't already have the EA/Origin client installed, you have to do that first.)
  • Choose "Origin --> Redeem product code" from the top-line menu.
  • Enter your code, download and install.

(Yeah, I know. 24GB! I've had to do it multiple times too. I've felt your pain.)

This way all the game files, folders, and paths will be completely different/fresh.

Once installed, test that the vanilla game works correctly. This means you have to create a new character and play at least until you can make your first save. :thumbsup:

Only after ensuring that everything was behaving normally would I start to copy my previous characters and/or mods back into my game... Carefully! Adding the mods in small batches and testing after each batch.

Good Luck!

Shouldn't have been a problem... Double-check that you weren't trying to re-register the game. It should already be registered to your EA account. Just re-downloading the game is quite common (I've done it at least a half-dozen times myself.)

But if that's not the issue, you'll need to contact the EA Game Advisors (customer server reps). They're the only one ones who can look under the covers at your account.

Explain that you uninstalled the Steam version and want the EA/Origin download.