Update My Statue: need assistance

DoomComicGuy

I am experiencing the Bruma statue crash bug and have read (in a realy old post) that running the script of this mod in console can fix this.(Must use console for the in-game access is in Bruma itself)

So, can some post instructions on how to activate the script or offer some other advice on how to fix this bug?(keep in mind I've already tried the KILL MY STATUE mod and it does not fix the problem)

It may not be the statue. The statue bug has to do with having a different character than the one used when the statue was created. This sets a condition where the game references the original character to display the statue. So when it cannot find the original when you try to enter Bruma - Crash.

Anything that references something that the game cannot reconcile will cause that crash. So if you had a mod that made a persistent change in Bruma - such as a new or redesigned building, and you then removed the mod then tried to enter that worldspace with a save that references that object you will get the same crash. The Kill my statue ONLY works on the actual statue by removing the statue.

Are you using a saved game to enter Bruma?

There are several variants of the statue fix. Have you tried all of them?

Here is the link to the Killed Bugged Statues http://tesnexus.com/downloads/file.php?id=21008

just to reiterate, I've tried the kill bugged statues mod, it does not solve the problem, Bruma still crashes on loading

I was unaware of other "variants" of fixing the issue. Could you tell me about them?

I do not use, to my knowledge, city altering mods that you described. I do, however, use custom races and I change my characters appearance/race/gender frequently.(through showracemenu)

Here is a list of the mods I am currently using.(kill and update were added after the Bruma crash) I haven't removed any mods that I can remember, only added more as I progressed through the game.

Windfall.esm

ShieldOnBack.esm

Unofficial Oblivion Patch.esp

Unofficial Shivering Isles Patch.esp

DLCHorseArmor.esp

DLCOrrery.esp

DLCFrostcrag.esp

DLCThievesDen.esp

DLCVileLair.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor.esp

DLCSpellTomes.esp

Knights.esp

DLCShiveringIsles.esp

Oblivion Citadel Door Fix.esp

DLCHorseArmor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCOrrery - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCFrostcrag - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCThievesDen - Unofficial Patch - SSSB.esp

DLCMehrunesRazor - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCVileLair - Unofficial Patch.esp

DLCSpellTomes - Unofficial Patch.esp

Knights - Unofficial Patch.esp

S.P.A.M.esp

_Ren_BeautyPack_full.esp

_Ren_BeautyPack_onlyhairs.esp

Quest Award Leveller - Knights of the Nine.esp

Quest Award Leveller - Mehrunes Razor.esp

Quest Award Leveller - Vile Lair.esp

Quest Award Leveller.esp

StockClothingArmor-forExnems.esp

Necromancer Shop.esp

Growlfs Animated Hair.esp

BWisteria.esp

Shdw_Armor Set_Sotonhorian.esp

sr_super_hotkeys.esp

tdaArmorySexy.esp

tda_Armoury.esp

mythsandlegends.esp

Windfall.esp

DMCWeapons.esp

New Frostmourne Sword by Jojjo v1_0.esp

Silverlight Armor by Jojjo.esp

Dread Knight Armor.esp

Warglaives by Jojjo v1.0.esp

RefScope.esp

X.Races.Comp.esp

Shield on Back 3.1.esp

GW71_Life_Detect.esp

LightSpellBlue.esp

tda_WitchKingHelm.esp

IvyArmor_Full.esp

Kill_Bruma_Statue.esp

Update My Statue.esp

I'm not reluctant to remove the statue entirely if possible.

Thanks for your help.

and I'm not using a saved game to enter Bruma, I load a game saved in the feedbag, activate the kill statue leave, then fast travel to a random bruma point(east, north, castle) all crash.

I fixed this on my game really easily. If you are having a problem with the mod on the nexus website. I went into the construction set and found the script for updating the statue. I copied it and attached it to the remains of the seige crawler. You will note that you are given the hand symbol to activate the siege crawler remains but that nothing happens. After copying and attaching the script from the update my statue to the seige crawler (find the script copy and paste it into the script section for the crawler), I saved the modified update my statue esp and restarted the game. Sure enough when I clicked on the seige crawler, I got the same dialog as the statue and I was transported to the countess of Bruma. At that point I walked outside and presto the statue was updated and no Bruma crash. This crashing occurred for me after textures were updated for some clothing mods. I have never made a mod before, but I have tweaked mods and I am not ready to post up my own files and mods in the foreseeable future. I have not gone through any troubleshooting but this worked perfectly for me and took about 5 minutes to update the mod. Any body who is keen on creating mods can easily do this in a few minutes. I have seen the siege crawler disappear before so you may want to attach the script to a road sign or something more permanent. I don't know if the kill bugged statue does the same thing or not but I wanted to add my input on this.

I wanted to give you a link but it doesn't seem to be on Tes Nexus anymore. It's on other websites though but I'm not sure if I'm allowed to give links to other modding sites on this website.

I fixed this on my game really easily. If you are having a problem with the mod on the nexus website. I went into the construction set and found the script for updating the statue. I copied it and attached it to the remains of the seige crawler. You will note that you are given the hand symbol to activate the siege crawler remains but that nothing happens. After copying and attaching the script from the update my statue to the seige crawler (find the script copy and paste it into the script section for the crawler), I saved the modified update my statue esp and restarted the game. Sure enough when I clicked on the seige crawler, I got the same dialog as the statue and I was transported to the countess of Bruma. At that point I walked outside and presto the statue was updated and no Bruma crash. This crashing occurred for me after textures were updated for some clothing mods. I have never made a mod before, but I have tweaked mods and I am not ready to post up my own files and mods in the foreseeable future. I have not gone through any troubleshooting but this worked perfectly for me and took about 5 minutes to update the mod. Any body who is keen on creating mods can easily do this in a few minutes. I have seen the siege crawler disappear before so you may want to attach the script to a road sign or something more permanent. I don't know if the kill bugged statue does the same thing or not but I wanted to add my input on this.

I have no experience with the construction set[i've never altered games files before, only added/removed], I will be dling it shortly and findling around, but if you could give me as specific instructions as is possible, and appropriate, I would greatly appriciate it.

I used "Update My Statue".esp file created by Quarn and I had no issues. The statue it updates is in Bruma.

Update My Statue

There is an update my statue mod available on tes nexus though it is not uploaded/created under the same author. Despite this, I believe it to be the same and so this mod is unsuitable for fixing the bruma glitch as it requires you be in bruma to update the statue, see my main post. As for getting it from other sites[and potentially a version where you dont need to be in bruma to use it] I will be searching for it, though I wish you had been more specific in how the mod fixes the issue; Such specificity may render this search pointless.

Thanks for all your input so far. A+ effort.

Make a backup of the Update My Statue.esp

Open the TES Construction set.

Click on the open folder in toolbar.

Select Update My Statue.esp and set it as the active file (this should take about 30 to 45 seconds to load)

In the object window on the far left click on "Activator" under the "World Objects".

In the object window click on the editor id tab. This will sort alphabetically by id.

Find "MQ14StatueBase" and double click it this will open the activator window.

Note that there is a value in the script field. It reads "MQ14StatueScript".

Close the activator window.

Now back in the object window which should still be sorted by editor id, find "SeigeCrawlerDeath" and double click.

I believe that the script should be null.

Select the dropdown arrow for the script field and select "MQ14StatueScript".

Click OK.

In the main TES Construction set click the save icon.

Update My Statue.esp is now saved with the very gross but terribly effective script.

Now ingame go to the seige crawler just outside of Bruma.

Click on the seige crawler.

Note that before this change to the mod you had the icon to activate the siege crawler but nothing happened.

Now when you click on it, you will be presented with the same menu as on the statue in Bruma.

Choose to update the statue.

You will be bamffed or teleported to the countess and the normal shpiel to update the statue diaglog.

After you are notified of the statue update you can venture into Bruma proper.

It worked perfectly for me. Good, good luck. That was a lot of typing, I'm taking a nap now.

Note that this problem has occurred most likely due to a missing texture or mesh. When you enter Bruma the game looks for the texture or mesh from when you originally had the statue created, can't find it and promptly crashes. You wouldn't be able to enter Bruma to update the statue due to the crash. This allows you to update from the siege crawler. Note that in one of my games the siege crawler disappeared. If this has happened try attaching the script to something else like a road sign. There may be other mods to do what I've described but this fix should only take about 5 minutes.

I've followed the instructions as exactly as I possibly could(its "SiegeCrawlerDeath") but when I go the activate the siege crawler in game there is no hand and the crawler is not really a physical object, meaning my character passes through it like the air. Then when I closed the game an restarted it and loaded the save where i was right in front of the crawler, it wasn't there; it had disappeared. :(

As for attaching it to a sign or something, I'm not sure how to go about that.

Good instructions though, thanks.